I hate eggs!

Options
But... I want to find a way to use them for breakfast sometimes. (I'd prefer to use just the whites) I tried this a while ago, just scrambling up some egg whites, but I just couldn't handle the texture. I had to put them on a practically burnt piece of toast and smother them in ketchup. And even then I had to choke them down (It never used to be this bad before!)

So any advice on what to do?

P.S. I'm a vegetarian

Replies

• rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Don't eat eggs? Can you deal with scrambled tofu?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    If you hate them that much, just eat something else.

Do you like omlettes? Because you can add vegetables, they don't taste quite as eggy.
  • khartley535
    khartley535 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE egg white omlettes. 4 egg whites, low fat ham, 2% sharp cheddar shredded, diced tomato, spinach, and mushrooms. YUM! Lots of protein and keeps me feeling full.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    But... I want to find a way to use them for breakfast sometimes. (I'd prefer to use just the whites) I tried this a while ago, just scrambling up some egg whites, but I just couldn't handle the texture. I had to put them on a practically burnt piece of toast and smother them in ketchup. And even then I had to choke them down (It never used to be this bad before!)

So any advice on what to do?

P.S. I'm a vegetarian

If you like oatmeal or grits, you can put the whites in with the oatmeal or grits while they are cooking and if you keep stirring them, you get almost a custard feel to it and you can't taste or feel the eggs.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I love egg white omelets. Sometimes if I don't feel like I have time to add things to the omelet or if I just don't have the extra ingredients, I'll use about three egg whites and fry it in a frying pan using a little bit of cooking spray.

Is it the texture of scrambled eggs that you don't like or the taste of the egg yolk? I hate the taste of scrambled eggs with the yolk, but I love soft boiled eggs (especially the runny yolk). If it's the taste then you might like a tofu scramble, but if it's a texture thing then maybe that's not for you.
  • lhanks89
    lhanks89 Posts: 90 Member
    Options

Never tried scrambled tofu, how would you do that? With silken tofu in a frying pan?
    I love egg white omelets. Sometimes if I don't feel like I have time to add things to the omelet or if I just don't have the extra ingredients, I'll use about three egg whites and fry it in a frying pan using a little bit of cooking spray.

Is it the texture of scrambled eggs that you don't like or the taste of the egg yolk? I hate the taste of scrambled eggs with the yolk, but I love soft boiled eggs (especially the runny yolk). If it's the taste then you might like a tofu scramble, but if it's a texture thing then maybe that's not for you.

I think it's the texture that I don't like. Even when I used to eat scrambled eggs on a regular basis before, I'd almost always have to have it with toast or bacon.
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Eggs are gross, they are literally a chicken's period. Why would anyone want to eat that?
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why you'd force yourself to eat something you don't like when there are so many other things to eat.
  • Vegan_Chick
    Options

Never tried scrambled tofu, how would you do that? With silken tofu in a frying pan?

It is easy to make Scrambled tofu, take some tofu and freeze it for a day, thaw it (changes the texture). Shred it with a fork and add about 1 tsp each of onion powder, garlic powder, salt. Add 1/4 cup nutrtional yeast (nutty cheesy flavor), Add 1/2 tsp tumeric, Add 1 TBS soy sauce and saute it for about 10-15 minutes.
  • Vegan_Chick
    Options
    I don't understand why you'd force yourself to eat something you don't like when there are so many other things to eat.
    "Like":happy:
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    I'm with this girl. I love eggs, but hate broccoli. You don't see me trying to choke it down. If you want more protein in the morning, why not scoop some powder into your oatmeal m
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options

This. x100.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Eggs are gross, they are literally a chicken's period. Why would anyone want to eat that?

Because they taste delicious. I am also a fan of a pig's shoulder, a cow's behind, and entire fish from head to tail. YUM!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Because they contain high bioavalibility?
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I make baked omelets and I add cooked rice, it totally alters the texture of the eggs, I can't eat regular eggs anymore, just hard boiled or baked...
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Eggs are gross, they are literally a chicken's period.
    *snort*
  • Amysgetnfit
    Options
    I can't do yolks. Try two hard boiled egg whites chopped up on whole grain toast with salsa
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options

Because they taste delicious. I am also a fan of a pig's shoulder, a cow's behind, and entire fish from head to tail. YUM!

Yeah. ^^This. And eggs WITH pig shoulder are even more awesome.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options

This is hilarious! I love eggs though (except scrambled)... i was discussing this exact issue with a friend recently! We were both contemplating what was going the mind of the first person who tried an egg...(perhaps I have too much time on my hands!)
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    We were both contemplating what was going the mind of the first person who tried an egg...(perhaps I have too much time on my hands!)

I've wondered, every time I eat lobster, who was the first crazy person to try one.