Pregnant for Two Years Practically - Focusing on Me Now!

Options
So... after trying years to have a child, my husband and I found out in October 2009 that we would be parents finally! Brady joined us at the end of July 2010... and imagine our surprise when we learned in October 2010 that he would be getting a sibling! Dawson joined us at the end of June 2011.

Needless to say, my body took a beating carrying these little guys. I have renewed my commitment to lose 90 lbs. so I can have more energy to keep up with my boys on a daily basis and to hopefully be around for them in the long term. Plus I just want to get my sexy back!!!

I'm looking for friends who want to share this journey - the ups and the downs. 90 lbs. isn't going to be easy, and I could use all the support that I can get. And, I will do the same for you.

Happy Thursday everyone!

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. And that is my religion."
– Abraham Lincoln

Replies

• MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and congrats on your new addition! I'm a stay at home mom of 3 little boys (my younger 2 are only 9.5 months apart) and I am so ready to get my "sexy back" too.
  • MJLavaty
    MJLavaty Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I stay at home with my 18 month little guy...also fighting the battle of the baby bulge! Feel free to friend me : )
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Welcome to this wonderful site! I was also pregnant in the last few years with my son and twins. It took a big toll on my body and finally lost all of the weight and then some. Good luck to you and your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • ashreneeknutson
    Options
    I want to lost 105 lbs. so I am right there with ya on that one!
    Congrats on the babies and know you can do it!

I'm sending a friend request. :smile:
  • jessienicole05
    jessienicole05 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello there,and welcome!! I am also a SAHM to 2 little one's Kollin is 3 and Elianna is 7-almost 8 months old! I have 5 kiddos total though. Feel free to add me if you would like,the more friends the better on this long journey i figure!! :wink:
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    wow, congrats to you carrying two babies that close together! that must have been really hard on your body. i was very thin until i had my first child so i feel your pain. good luck and i'm sure you can do it.
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    You can totally do it Glam!!!
    Lean on me for anything :)

XOXO!!!
  • DIYmomma
    DIYmomma Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    WELCOME! Im new too. I also can completely relate to your situation. i have had three kids in 4 years (my old two are 12 months and 2 weeks apart) and now im struggling to find time for myself. My ultimate goal is 100lbs. Good Luck on your journey!
  • getfitmom4
    Options
    I am right there with you. I had four kids in 6 years so I know how you feel when it comes to being pregnant. I would have a million more kids if I could just because I love being a mom and I love being pregnant.

Our fourth child, 3rd son, joined out family the beginning of July 2010 and because I struggled with nursing all of my children I did not do a ton to loose the weight from him. After being on bed rest for 6 of the last 7 weeks of my pregnancy I ended up gaining 30 lbs 15-20 of it in the 6 weeks of bed rest.

I want to have more energy to keep wup with my 3 sons and 1 daughter as well as my husband. I have found that a great easy workout and the wonderful Yoplait Diet that I have been able to drop the weight with no problems. I have a goal to loose 50 lbs. I just started using myfitnesspal again and loving it again.

I wish you the best and look forward to hearing your success story.
    getfitmom4
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Oh honey I feel you there!! I have 5 children, I just had my 5th in June!!!
  • mskendodavis
    Options
    Hello!!! I only have one baby and I totally understand where you are coming from. I am new to this...we can do it!!!!
  • GlamourBean
    GlamourBean Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your support. It is nice to know that I'm not alone in this struggle, and that others know what I've been going through... my husband just doesn't get it :). I am looking forward to this journey with your friendship. We can do this!!