would you say this is fairly healthy for baked chicken?

Options
Italian Style, 1 cup
Egg, fresh, 1 large [so the crumbs stick]
Parmesan Cheese, grated, 1/4 cup
(4)Chicken Breast, no skin, 6 ounces

This is like my favorite chicken dish. Its simple and easy. it has about 205 calories per serving and 5 grams of fat. is that too much?

Its a great alternative to buying shake and bake and just as easy [cheaper too]!

Replies

• melissaag1984
    Options
    Italian Style, 1 cup
    Egg, fresh, 1 large [so the crumbs stick]
    Parmesan Cheese, grated, 1/4 cup
    (4)Chicken Breast, no skin, 6 ounces

This is like my favorite chicken dish. Its simple and easy. it has about 205 calories per serving and 5 grams of fat. is that too much?

Its a great alternative to buying shake and bake and just as easy [cheaper too]!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    use egg beaters or egg white instead of the whole egg and it's even better

looks good and sounds yummy! Must try!

Bet the sodium is lower than Shake and Bake too
  • melissaag1984
    Options
    good idea! thanks
  • melissaag1984
    Options
    ok just a fix it... I screwed up the recipe calculator and it actually has 270 calories...
  • melissaag1984
    Options
    ok just a fix it... I screwed up the recipe calculator and it actually has 270 calories...

Sorry I'm still trying to get this recipe calculator down, but this time i think i have got it right and I don't think the chicken is so good anymore...

with egg beaters 6 oz = 352 calores & 6.5 grams of fat...

Sorry, I am pretty new to this...
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I think it sounds good. I bake the chicken tenders, that have 1.5gm of fat as vs 4.5 on the other breast I found. I just season them with cajun seasoning and they are good that way to. I am going to try the recipe you posted. sound to good to pass up ,---- uh oh that has been my problem !!--- LOL:flowerforyou:
  • melissaag1984
    Options
    its really yummy...cheese is my weekness...well dairy generally [my dad owned a dairy distribution company when I was a kid].

Its just hard trying to get healthy recipes that everyone will like. My BF hates healthfood and refuses to diet with me, so I have to make things that are healthy enough for me and still yummy enough that he will eat them without complaint.
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    That sounds really good! But you can also try coating the chicken just with parmasean cheese, minus the breadcrumbs to save calories and carbs...with egg white or egg beaters the grated cheese sticks just like a breading and it so good! I add some garlic powder and lemon pepper in the grated cheese. It's so yummy! I'll look for the exact recipe and post it if I can find it :)