Arrived on MFP a couple of weeks ago

Options
Hello,
I joined MFP a couple of weeks ago and so far am finding it really helpful!
It's really good to be able to count the calories though it is a challenge. I'm going on holiday to Australia & NZ in January so my goal is to look good in a pair of shorts by then - photos from me in the summer were nasty so I decided to really go for the weight loss thing.
Any help VERY gratefully accepted!

xx

Replies

• hipbonesthighgap
    Options
    Welcome ^.^
  • Nette_54
    Nette_54 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP, add me if you like if you need more support

I don't know if you are used to being in a hot climate so here are a few tips for you.when you come to Australia it will be summer time here.................... Make sure you where a hat everywhere ! ! ! ! Put suntan lotion on 20 minutes before going out in the sun, buy some face cream or foundation cream that has 30+ sunscreen in it ! ! ! Apply the sunscreen on several times in a day. Always wear sunglasses too. Don't lay out on the beach for hours on end or in the middle of the day ! ! ! Don't want to see you getting sun burnt it is very painful. Oh and drink lots of water ! ! !

Ohhhhh just looked at your profile................ you are in the UK.................... make sure you protect yourself in the sun, you don't need to be sun bathing for ages to get a tan.

And yes I am the worst nag about the sun, just ask my 25 year old daughters................. lol

Good luck with your weight loss and hope you have a wonderful holiday here