Help, my boobs are shrinking!

Options
When I was younger, I got teased something terrible because my chest refused to develop. But as I put on the weight, they grew and grew and grew and well, you get the idea.
I tried on a top the other day that I hadn't worn for a couple of years because it was too small for me. But when I did fit into it, I really loved the way my breasts looked in it. But when I tried it on the other day it was just depressing.
I have lost 3 and a half stone and I think it might have ONLY left my chest. What if that is the only place I lose weight? I know my main reason for doing this is to be healthier but I don't want to look freakish! I'm a young woman, I need to have something there. And I'm not working this hard to go back to being called "Miss two-backs"!
Are there exercises I can do to get a erm... "lift" or something?
Apologies for my frankness but this is really stating to worry me. x

Replies

• adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Implants all the way
  • livi_cowgirl
    livi_cowgirl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Implants all the way

Even if the moths in my pocket allowed it, I don't think I could ever opt for surgery. But thanks for your reply. x
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    *watches thread*
    Even at my largest Ive never been more than a B cup. And now, not only are they getting smaller but slowly travelling 'down'.

Oh my!!
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Just concentrate on the weight loss, you may be surprised with the results before thinking about implants.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Two things I know of:

Buy new bras that fit properly. If you're not sure about your size, get measured and try on several styles.

Pretty much any chest exercise will help with a natural lift. As secondary help, strengthen your back and core for better posture.

That's good for the meantime. Once I get to goal, I'm planning on getting a lift because the girls just don't look like they used to!
  • alsmullen
    Options
    My dream is to lose weight in my chest...how are you doing it...ha! Forget the implants, you can always just get a great bra. I think some people just lose weight in their chest before anything else. That's not the case for me. Try not to worry, just keep going. Maybe someone with exercise "expertise" will comment. Good luck!
  • Tiki1978
    Options
    Sorry hon! Breast are 75% fat I believe You might find that you will look great :) I'm not letting my boobs stop me lol
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Teehee, do not worry my dear, yes your boobs are shrinking but I can guarantee so is the rest of you, it my just not be as evident right now. Stick to the plan and you'll see that people will be so impressed with how awesome you look all over that they won't dare comment on your smaller set. :) Think of it this way, there are thousands of women who spend thousands of dollars having breast reduction surgery...you're doing it for free!!

As for the lifting exercises, absolutely!! Any chest exercises will give your girls a bit of a lift. Make sure you moisturise them every day too so that the skin will regain it's elasticity faster and drink LOTS of water to maintain skin hydration. It'll cut down on the loose skin.

Breast...er I mean best of luck!!
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Only one of mine shrank. Honestly I'd rather have them both shrink equally than what I've got now. I bought a bra with padded inserts and I have to put both pads on one side to look even.

My husband, bless his heart, likes to think of the bigger one as a bonus boob. How's that for awesome perspective?
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    do some weight training for your chest like pushups or pullups to get your pecs toned. this will lift your chest, but other than that you cant really do much about it!

Love your body in all its natural womanly, goddessy glory. I wouldnt opt to change myself for shallow reasons either...people are beautiful because they are themselves. GIve it some time! Like alusmullen says, you could just be loosing it there first and that belly is next on the chopping block. Your new body will not look anything like your old one did, I too went through this phase.
  • victoriadunham
    Options
    unfortunately the first place you lose weight is your boobs but don't worry the rest will go too and then you'll be more portionate. Thats what i was told by my doctor before I had a breast reduction, before they'll do it they sometimes make ya lose weight to see if it'll come off just by exercise and proper eating. Mine were just heredity
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Breasts are made up of fat and muscle, so when you lose weight/fat you will lose some plumpness from your breasts. There isn't much you can do about it besides getting new bras that fit and give you some lift. As well as working out your chest. :)
  • mironside
    Options
    on the bright side small boobs means you look more petite on top. big boobs are overrated and dont worry you will lose weight in other areas too :)
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Implants all the way

Best advice, ever
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Boobs are almost entirely fat. Sorry, but they are. Fatty mounds that can produce milk, so not totally fat, but mostly. Now when you loose weight, it will come off your boobs, no excercise is going to give you bigger boobs. It's just...not going to happen. If it could, that would be fantastic, and every teen in the world would go out and do excercises, but it won't. Sorry.

However, you're an adult now, you've presumably got kids? Nothing meant if you haven't, just a presumption. Your boobs will have grown ince you were younger, just a hips get wider, boobs do get bigger with age, and especially with childbirth. But there's nothing except implants that can make them bigger, and I wouldn't recomend implants. My friend had them...yeah, they're not nice. I'd rather have my trusty Bs than fake Cs or Ds. Plus, a puh up bra is the secret to nice cleavage. Small boobs in a nice bra are the exiet way and more than a handful is a waste anyway.
  • livi_cowgirl
    Options
    *watches thread*
    Even at my largest Ive never been more than a B cup. And now, not only are they getting smaller but slowly travelling 'down'.

Oh my!!

I know!!! Mine too. :-(
    26 years old and they swing around like dogs whatsits!
    Depressing or what???
  • bookworm03
    bookworm03 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I lost 80-100 lbs 2years after I had my oldest daughter. I looked like I lost the first 40 from my bust. Eventually the weightloss looked more even. You can always wear bra inserts until you feel more proportionate.
  • livi_cowgirl
    Options
    Teehee, do not worry my dear, yes your boobs are shrinking but I can guarantee so is the rest of you, it my just not be as evident right now. Stick to the plan and you'll see that people will be so impressed with how awesome you look all over that they won't dare comment on your smaller set. :) Think of it this way, there are thousands of women who spend thousands of dollars having breast reduction surgery...you're doing it for free!!

As for the lifting exercises, absolutely!! Any chest exercises will give your girls a bit of a lift. Make sure you moisturise them every day too so that the skin will regain it's elasticity faster and drink LOTS of water to maintain skin hydration. It'll cut down on the loose skin.

Breast...er I mean best of luck!!

This made me laugh, as well as giving some great advice. Thanks. x
  • LycosNyctereutes
    Options
    I have PCOS so I know where you're coming from. I am only a "B" cup because I'm overweight. I am not looking forward to being back at that awkward A-B size again. I am considering fat transplant tho...for the not so near future. I hate the look of implants.
  • livi_cowgirl
    Options
    Only one of mine shrank. Honestly I'd rather have them both shrink equally than what I've got now. I bought a bra with padded inserts and I have to put both pads on one side to look even.

My husband, bless his heart, likes to think of the bigger one as a bonus boob. How's that for awesome perspective?

HAhahaha! Thanks for that. It's nice to see lots of you can look on the funny side of this. cheers. x