Plank Jacks and Mountain Climbers = nausea

Options
I've been doing Jillian Michaels 30DS, Killer Buns and Thighs, and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism - I'm fine throughout the entire workout except when I get to Plank Jakcs or Mountain Climbers ONLY during the time that I'm doing those moves do I feel nauseated - I know it might be the impact of the moves on my stomach but how can I prevent this or improve this - any suggestions?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,667 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Jillian Michaels 30DS, Killer Buns and Thighs, and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism - I'm fine throughout the entire workout except when I get to Plank Jakcs or Mountain Climbers ONLY during the time that I'm doing those moves do I feel nauseated - I know it might be the impact of the moves on my stomach but how can I prevent this or improve this - any suggestions?
    I would bet your breathing is off. Try breathing in rhythm. For each movement, breath in a blow out in a cadence as the same pace as the exercise. And blow out hard. I tell my clients to "choo" on their exhaling so I can hear if they are doing it. Give it a shot.
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    The first two or three times I did BFBM I felt like I was going to throw up afterwards. Be sure and drink plenty of water, eat good and the more you do the stronger you will get. If I do a really tough new workout sometimes I'll feel like that until I get stronger and then it stops. If I felt that way after a workout sometimes I found I needed to eat and then it went away.
  • MadBaby
    Options
    Hey the nausea comes from the intensity of those exercises, the exertion causes a chemical rush of endorphins that can make you sick. endorhins are good. sick is not though. working at an intensity level that makes you sick isn't helping boost your metabolism. I'm sure even Jillian would tell you, work up to intense exercise more gradually. you're still burning like crazy, even if you're not working to the point of nausea.
  • rosalee87
    rosalee87 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Jillian DVD's for about 2 months now and I would say I'm not breathing correctly - I never even thought of that; I just try and do the moves without thinking therefor my breathing is probably off. :\ I'm gunna try that.