Walking and Pushing a stroller

Options
Hi,

When I take my kids out for a walk we walk about 15 minutes at a slow pace (my 2 year old doesn't move that fast on his own - too much too see!) I push my 1 year old in the stroller. How should I be logging that? As a walk or as pushing stroller with child? How do other parents log that?

Thanks for the help,
Shannon

Replies

• Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    So I had the exact same question. I just came back from walking the dogs with my 2 yr old. She insists on holding the leash...enough said right lol. It's a very slow walk lol. I logged it as walking 2.0mph. Hope that helps. I want her to get some exercise too so that's why I have her walk. Is that why you walk your 2 yr old?
  • jalynsmom
    Options
    I had the same question! LOL! I push my 3 year old in a stroller so that I can move at a faster pace. I've been logging it as 3.0 mph, walking a dog...or whatever it says. I think I'm probably actually burning a little bit more than that because I'm pushing the stroller, but I figured that's a good thing.
  • haddock21409
    haddock21409 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I always log it seperatley. First I log my walk. 3.0 mph or however I walked that day and then I seperatley add the pushing or pulling stroller with infant. It gives you just the calories for that, not a whole walk. Like for 15 min its an extra 36 calories. If you would log just that it wouldnt be enough!
  • Melatonin
    Melatonin Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have a tracker on my phone that uses GPS to track how far I've walked along with a timer. That helps me determine at least the speed and time of it. I log it as walking at whatever speed my tracker says I averaged. I do this because MFP is a pretty general calculation of calories burned, and I try to underestimate and not say I burn too much for fear of eating back too many of my calories.

I hope that makes sense!

Happy walking :) Our family walks are the best!