What is on your weight loss "must have" list?

Options
2»

Replies

• tramaine81
    tramaine81 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I love CHEESE!!!!
    I love it...love it love it love it. I also like...hmmm...fruits like grapes.
    But I really love cheese. Not the fat free kind for me. I like that munster cheese, 2 slices to make a melty grilled cheese sandwich.
    I also like walking....it calms me, with a great soundtrack on my ipod that combines pop and rebellious alternative music:) So I am like, "Yeah! Stick it to the man!" Then I go and do my homework:)
  • DawniesLife
    Options
    This is awesome:

Fitness:

My Danskin Cropped Workout Pants( Which I was wearing at a 3x, and now am wearing a very loose 2x! :) )They are so comfy and it akes me feel good to look down and see how much weight I've lost in my thighs!

Golds Gym Resistance Bands: I love these! I bring them to work as I work evenings and sometimes while listening to music when everything is done for the day, and dull, I break those out and do two sets of 30 reps of a bunch of exercises...love them!

I also have Danskin cropped workout pants and long pants. They have held up nicely! And I also have a Golds Gym Resistance band that I use! :)
  • MaryStregger
    MaryStregger Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    -
  • alanaosu
    alanaosu Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My HRM - I use the Polar FT40F - It's great for logging my calories burned during exercise and the fit test is useful. I also wear it in bed for 30 minutes every couple of weeks so that I can work out my *real* BMR (I just times the number by two and then times that number by 24).

Bike - Nice for cycling across Salisbury plane when it's god weather outside

My DVD player - I love working out at home and need this to play Insanity, JM 30 Day shred, etc.

My parachute for when I'm skydiving - things would be a little tricky without it! Lol.

Food wise:

Vita coco - natural, low calorie, full of electrolytes and yummy!

Rice cakes with houmous. Quick and easy snack

Banana ice cream - actually just frozen bananas, half a scoop of protein powder and a splash of milk. Heaven!
  • madubil
    madubil Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    your signature has me in hysterics- "how you doin"... ;)
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Mine is simple lol.. I MUST have

Water

Chicken

Tilapia

All kinds of veggies

Apples and grapes

For fitness I MUST have my elliptical :) at least for now.. I will re evaluate what I must have for fitness later on lol
  • DawniesLife
    Options
    My HRM - I use the Polar FT40F - It's great for logging my calories burned during exercise and the fit test is useful. I also wear it in bed for 30 minutes every couple of weeks so that I can work out my *real* BMR (I just times the number by two and then times that number by 24).

Bike - Nice for cycling across Salisbury plane when it's god weather outside

My DVD player - I love working out at home and need this to play Insanity, JM 30 Day shred, etc.

My parachute for when I'm skydiving - things would be a little tricky without it! Lol.

Food wise:

Vita coco - natural, low calorie, full of electrolytes and yummy!

Rice cakes with houmous. Quick and easy snack

Banana ice cream - actually just frozen bananas, half a scoop of protein powder and a splash of milk. Heaven!

Hmmm vita coco? This sounds interesting!!! I may have to check it out. And the frozen banana ice cream sounds delicious!
  • ChelseaL618
    ChelseaL618 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My must-haves:
    1) Low-fat cottage cheese
    2) Oatmeal for a low-calorie but super filling breakfast
    3) friends to workout with
    4) my food diary - it helps me remember that I can eat whatever I want, BUT...I have to log it!
    5) Greek Yogurt
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    laughing cow cheese is one of my favorite things. light swiss 35 cal a wedge

no cal sweetener for a glass of tea

natures own 4o calorie a slice
  • Cassandraemilyann
    Options
    Food Must-haves;
    'Dukan Diet' book, can be difficult to stick to but when I can I love it!
    Greek yogurt
    Steel cut oats
    Grape nuts and coconut milk
    Frozen raspberries! (at the end of the day is when I get so hungry and want to snack on something and frozen raspberries help so much! So little in calories and frozen ones are way more filling)
    Gum!
    Green tea with tangerines
    Myfitnesspal ;)

Fitness Must-haves;
    Good shoes!
    Good music or a good show (if there's a show I can't wait to watch, I don't let myself watch it until I work out)
    Somebody to keep you accountible (which can be so hard to find!)
    My Perfectpullup! Can't do a pullup to save my life but it helps work my lower stomach which i'm in need of with my post-pregnant pudge ;)
  • yogabebe
    Options
    Great thread!

My food Must-haves:

1. Non-fat cottage cheese. I eat it with everything - from fruit to freshly ground pepper to salsa to peanut butter (but now PB2 after this thread :)). versatile!
    2. my protein shakes
    3. egg whites
    4. yogurt
    5. soybeans - freshly made tofu or fermented beans
    6. grilled chicken breast
    7. my super food powder

My Fitness Must-haves:

1. great running shoes and thin running socks
    2. my contigo water bottle
    3. my yoga mat
    4. gym membership
    5. my iphone for music/shows to watch while working out