What I learned from taking a step back...Get a new Plan!

For the last month I have missed days, on and off, of logging in and I was eating recklessly, to say the least, explaining my plateau. However, instead of blaming myself and continuing blindly (like I did before MFP) I decided to embrace the chaos and see what it really meant.
I realized that my sporadic exercise and vending machine food choices were not due to a lack of self-control, which was previously remedied by mental self-flagellation. What happened was this....my schedule had changed. I started school again and my hours and days were no longer at my leisure, but everything I put in my mouth was based on convenience and the rate glucose and fat could travel to my bloodstream.
When I realized that I needed to accomodate these changes, I did the following:
1. Found foods that energy packed, convenient, portable, and non-messy
2. Enlisted exercise partners and took up practicing yoga in my living room

I am back on track...hopefully. Wish me luck. In the meantime, tell me about what you guys do when you schedule or situation changes and you have to find a new plan??????

Love you MFP family!!!

Replies

• MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Those sound like two great steps that any plan could benefit from. Good catch! Glad you discovered the real issue before digging a hole for yourself.
  • I've been the same way. When school started back and the schedule picked up my healthy summer habits went down the tubes!! Here's to getting back on track!!:drinker:
  • I am finding that I am just getting bored of posting everything I eat. Somehow I need to find a way to breathe fresh life into this whole thing. I haven't lost much weight, but had lost about 13 pounds before I started MFP. I agree the change of schedules affects eating and exercise habits. My latest little motivation is thinking about looking nice for Christmas card photos. Last year I weighed more than I wanted to and didn't feel very good when I sent those photos out in our Christmas cards. There's been a ton of stress in my life lately and I know that has affected my weight loss. Mentally I just haven't been able to work as hard at being careful what I eat. Many days have just been "survival mode." I have lost about 2 pounds since I started MFP. It's not much, but I am thankful that I haven't gained weight. It is hard to be motivated when the weight isn't coming off as quickly as I'd like. But I am thankful for MFP - it has helped me to be accountable to myself - something I've never been very good at before.