Ear Buds that work :(

Options
Ok, so I'm having the worst trouble finding a good set of earbuds for my Zune. I've tried the ones with different sized ends...the ones that go over the ears (which never work for me because my ears are too small). I even today bought something called an earbud neckband.....way too big. All I'm asking for is a good set of earbuds that will stay in when I run. Is that really so much to ask?

Replies

• MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I just saw a thread about this day before yesterday. Someone found something they liked but I can't remember what they were called. Try a search.
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    yurbuds.com
  • mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I just bought the yurbuds last week and I am going to return them. I'm having the same problem because my ears are too small. Those won't stay in my ear either... :(

They need to make some that wrap around my ear, BUT that can be adjust for big or SMALL ears.... sigh

Bump
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    iPod ear phones are perfect for me,have you tried them?
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I like iFrogz. They are inexpensive and the smallest rubber caps fit my ear perfectly (I have a really small canal).
  • dreamer12781
    Options
    Yurbuds come in different sizes. The company often has a booth at marathon expos and will fit you for them. Trust me, I've had the wrong size before and it's awful. But if you get the right size they're awesome! (After about a year I have to replace them because they stretch out and start to fall off the headphones, just FYI.)
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I have been using Etymotic Research's ER6i for years and absolutely love them.
    However, they are bit pricey, so if you budget is tight, here is a great value (they work fairly well and the price is dirt cheap): http://amzn.to/o83AhC
  • eudemonia
    eudemonia Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    i've been using this pair for the past 3 years, and the only reason i'm not using them now is because i lost one of the bud pieces :(. i think it comes with different sizes so that you can find the one that fits your ears (it comes in the packaging). it's a little odd in shape, but once i got used to it, i really liked it! it's the only pair of earphones i like to use for anything.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10823&cs_id=1082303&p_id=6343&seq=1&format=2
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    These work wonderful for me
    http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-AS20J-Active-Headphones-Hangers/dp/B0015AHRFK

I've had them for 2 years and still awesome. They never fall out of my ears.
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I have tried the IFrogz which no matter which ends I use fall out. I just this morning bought some Marshmallows, with the memory foam earbuds. Also an epic fail. *sigh*
  • misha5555
    misha5555 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love skullcandy. They are pretty inexpensive, stay in your ears and come in fun colors (my primary motivatory). You can find them at Target.
  • sue4981
    sue4981 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I gave up on ear buds, I could NEVER find any that work - and I've been through a lot. There was an RCA brand years ago that worked but I haven't been able to find them in a long time. I now use incase headphones.

http://goincase.com/products/detail/EC30006?gclid=CPiMyMnJ7bUCFYje4AodRCMA8w

might be a bit awkward looking but I don't care, I got so frustrated with every ear bud available. These are snug and stay in place - they go right into my iphone and I can even answer the phone with them. Definitely worth it in my opinion.
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Earbuds are awful. They hurt and/or fall out. Even the smallest ones. Mind you, I do have a slight congenital malformation on one side, which means the canal is a lot narrower than the other and the cartilage is a bit misshapen.

I use the type that hook over your ears instead. Just cheap JVCs at the moment, but I will upgrade now I know they suit me, even with wonky ears and a few piercings, including tragus and conch.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I've never found one that would stay in. I think I sweat too much. I like the ones that wrap around my ears instead. I just buy them locally for $20 or so and buy new ones when they burn out.

I'm not spending $100 for earphones i'm going to sweat all over.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I love skullcandy. They are pretty inexpensive, stay in your ears and come in fun colors (my primary motivatory). You can find them at Target.

I also love Skullcandy. I've been using them for almost 2 years and never have them fall out.

You may want to adjust the way you wear them. I drape the earphone cord around my neck, so the ear buds are hanging down on one side and the jack is hanging down on the other. Then I thread the jack underneath the shoulder of my sports bra on that side. Make sure there is slack on both sides of your bra strap. Then use an armband for your device on the same side.

No ear bud is going to stay in if they are constantly being pulled. You just need to get set up so there is no tension on them. Also, instead of using the smallest size, try using a bigger size foam piece in your ear. The small ones fall out because there's nothing holding them in. The big ones stay in because they are wedged in.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    If you have an audiologist in your area, you can get custom earmolds that the ear buds fit into. Since they are shaped for your ears, they don't tend to fall out. Pricing varies but they are highly effective and last a long time. I've had the same pair for 5 years. *Disclaimer-I am an audiologist which is why I know about them.*
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    yurbuds have decent sound and I have never had them fall out.
  • charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I have these: https://panasonic.ca/english/accessories/headsets/superlightweight/RPHJE120.asp

They have different size "caps" and have always stayed in my ears!
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    i use skullcandy ear buds. I have the same problem with my ears being too small. These have the 3 different sizes. But i also run my wires through my tank and clip my shuffle onto my waistband. It helps with them staying in if i don't have a cord flopping around.
  • btoeps74
    btoeps74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    If you can look past the price, these buds are pretty slick. I hate being attached with a wire while working out, so these Bluetooth headphones are freakin amazing. I can get about a week per charge and they sound better than my monster earbuds.

http://www.jaybirdgear.com/bluebuds-x-bluetooth-headphones/