Need filling healthy snack idea, always STARVING at the end

Options
2»

Replies

• Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I have found that protien is key for me.

Greek yogurt with a banana
    Apple and peanut butter

Pretty much anything with peanut butter or greek yogurt Lol.
  • chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    If you like tuna, try the chunk light tuna in a pouch. One pouch is 80 calories and has 13 grams of protein. I eat this after a longer workout and it holds me over until dinner. It's a little dry, but it's not bad.

This is my suggestion, as well! If you want a little more "moistness", you could add a serving of lite miracle whip for a makeshift tuna salad, for an additional 20 calories. Tuna is one of the best snacks that you can have at all times of the day, and for a small can, and 50 calories, you can't beat it!
  • chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    shoot-- still learning how to use this site. Wanted to attach the quote about the dry tuna.
    You can add just a "smidge" of olive oil and small squirt of mustard.. and it makes it moist and .. I think.. a good taste.
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Tuna is a great snack, but be aware of the mercury if you eat it a lot:

ETA: Is code disabled? How do I add a clickable link?
    http://water.epa.gov/scitech/swguidance/fishshellfish/outreach/advice_index.cfm
  • Chickabittie
    Options
    bump, bump, bump! : )
  • roblow65
    roblow65 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    bump
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hey friend try pickles the low sodium kind they are zero calories or try oatmeal only 110 calories for a packet and add cinnamon and brown sugar or a banana. If you go over your calories a bit its ok you're just starting. Space out your meals so u don't eat all your calories by 5pm then starve at 9pm. Eat more fruit when u get hungry! I used to have that problem to but spacing out your meals and eating something small every couple hours really helps so your not hungry at night
  • Maridelsol82
    Options
    Thanks this gives me a lot of options!