I'm new

shell82
shell82 Posts: 3
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Here I go again... I lose weight and then it finds me again. I'm at the heaviest I've been in my entire life. Hopefully this will work. I've tried other programs, but quite frankly can't afford the weekly fees and I'm tired of counting points every time I put something in my mouth!! I've become so obsessed with the number of points a food is that it just doesn't seem normal!! I found this website about two months ago. I've sporadically kept track of what I'm eating, but am having difficulty logging on every time I eat something. Any suggestions for this? I've been going to the gym. I go four times per week and do a combination of cardio and weight training. My workouts have been put together for me by a personal trainer. Still, weight loss has been almost non-existent. I'm very discouraged at this point in time.

Replies

• Here I go again... I lose weight and then it finds me again. I'm at the heaviest I've been in my entire life. Hopefully this will work. I've tried other programs, but quite frankly can't afford the weekly fees and I'm tired of counting points every time I put something in my mouth!! I've become so obsessed with the number of points a food is that it just doesn't seem normal!! I found this website about two months ago. I've sporadically kept track of what I'm eating, but am having difficulty logging on every time I eat something. Any suggestions for this? I've been going to the gym. I go four times per week and do a combination of cardio and weight training. My workouts have been put together for me by a personal trainer. Still, weight loss has been almost non-existent. I'm very discouraged at this point in time.
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Jennnnnnnny Posts: 373 Member
    dont worry. you'll be losing weight in now time. this site is really helpful and is full of amazing people. im sure you'll be doing great on your new journey:flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Here I go again... I lose weight and then it finds me again. I'm at the heaviest I've been in my entire life. Hopefully this will work. I've tried other programs, but quite frankly can't afford the weekly fees and I'm tired of counting points every time I put something in my mouth!! I've become so obsessed with the number of points a food is that it just doesn't seem normal!! I found this website about two months ago. I've sporadically kept track of what I'm eating, but am having difficulty logging on every time I eat something. Any suggestions for this? I've been going to the gym. I go four times per week and do a combination of cardio and weight training. My workouts have been put together for me by a personal trainer. Still, weight loss has been almost non-existent. I'm very discouraged at this point in time.

Believe me, you AREN'T alone! There are plenty of us here who have done the "yo-yoing" with our weight!
    I think I've tried just about every diet out there, including hypnosis, TWICE! Plus, I've got a thyroid condition, and just couldn't seem to lose hardly anything, UNTIL I came to MFP! I have been steadily losing ever since, and to be perfectly honest with you, it's been "almost" easy doing it!
    My suggestion for you (and I feel soooooo strongly about this!) is to log ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too.
    If you watch your numbers, get in some exercise, and drink lots of water, you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • Hi, I am new also....I have quite a few unwanted pounds too, but together we will reach our goal. I lost the weight before, had surgery, and it returned with friends :laugh: But I am now determined to lose my extra girlfriends for go. I wish the best to all of you who have set your sights on the prize and hopefully together we will all stay focused and determined.

I know we can do it.

122104.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com -
  • Thanks for your words of encouragement. I'm currently in the process of thyroid testing. Initially when I raised my concerns to my doctor about the healthy food I'm eating and the amount of excercise I'm getting, but still not losing anything his response was very rude to me. In the meantime, as I've done more research with the help of a personal trainer, I learned that it could be a thyroid condition. I recently went to an endocrinologist and found that the side-effects of a medication I was taking and the characteristics of hypothyroidism are similar. I've stopped the medication and need to follow-up with further testin. I was afraid that if I do have this condition I wouldn't be able to lose anything. Your success is inspiring!
  • I got tested not to long ago, but I am also on estrogen, which is not nice, but we can and will do it. I have a friend that had an underactive thyroid, but she is losing weight also, so be encouraged. No matter the news, you can reach your goal.

Have a blessed afternoon and stay positive.

122104.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com -
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Thanks for your words of encouragement. I'm currently in the process of thyroid testing. Initially when I raised my concerns to my doctor about the healthy food I'm eating and the amount of excercise I'm getting, but still not losing anything his response was very rude to me. In the meantime, as I've done more research with the help of a personal trainer, I learned that it could be a thyroid condition. I recently went to an endocrinologist and found that the side-effects of a medication I was taking and the characteristics of hypothyroidism are similar. I've stopped the medication and need to follow-up with further testin. I was afraid that if I do have this condition I wouldn't be able to lose anything. Your success is inspiring!

Thanks! Yes, even with the thyroid condition, I have slowely and steadily lost just about all the weight that I wanted to lose! I still can't believe I actually did it! Words can't express just how great MFP and all it's wonderfully supportive members are. I'm sure you'll be finding that out for yourself before too long! :smile:
This discussion has been closed.