I'm new and looking for friends and support

Options
Hi there! I'm 47 years old and weigh 183 lbs & I'm 5'2". I have been overweight most of my life and have struggled to lose only to gain it back like most people. My goal weight is 162 (for now) and I have recently lost 6 lbs. My husband is also overweight and has lost 98 lbs over the past year. On Aug 15th, we decided to really focus and keep a food journal (that's my 6 lb loss). My friend told me about this site and keeping a log of her food & excercise. Because I work in an office, I don't get much activity and I'm just tired when I get home at 7:30pm. Last night my hubby & I took the dogs for a 30 minute walk and we all felt good when we got home. I'm going to commit to walking 30 minutes 3 times per week so motivate me please! I feel really good about losing weight and I'm eating healthy and making good choices.

Replies

• 4cookiesmom
    Options
    You have come to the right place. You will find tons of support and motivation here. We are all taking this journey together. Welcome!
  • me1howard
    me1howard Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm rather new too and LOVE this place! Lots of sweet, wonderful helpful people. Keep in touch!
    It is GREAT!
  • zombiehunter71
    Options
    I am here for you Danette!!

Bradley (Roni's significant other) :-)
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Not only will you be able to log your food and exercise, but you'll find a very supportive community here. Good luck and never give up. You can do it!
  • kjdb1619
    Options
    Sounds like you have a plan and are on the right track. Know that there will be ups and downs and plateaus and be sure and give yourself a break from time to time. It is great that you are doing this with your husband. It makes all the difference to support each other and have the same goals to be healthy. Good luck!
  • lace0211
    lace0211 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Add me I'll be your friend:)