Insomniacs and Working Parents Anonymous...

Options
So, what rules do people who either a) have perpetual insomnia, or b) simply don't have enough TIME to sleep 8 hours a night (or even 6) do to mitigate the deleterious effects of inadequate sleep on your weight-loss program? Are there rules besides the obvious, and not-always-viable "GET MORE SLEEP!!!" answer? If you are getting 4 hours or less of sleep a night for a couple of weeks because the kids are sick, and the boss is demanding that you meet an aggressive deadline, how do you keep making certain that the pounds come off?

Any advice would be helpful.

Replies

• michedarnd
    michedarnd Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Bump -- No other sleep-deprived people on here?
  • missy5277
    missy5277 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    having 4 kids myself, this is what i do weather its the best option or not it works for me. i wake up at 430a to get to the gym at 5a, i stay there until 6a come home get the kids ready for school, i go to work then if there is time at night i go back to the gym around 8 or 9pm, i get to bed no later than midnight, only to start the whole routine over the next day!
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I have insomnia but I don't understand what you're asking for. It is harder to eat right and exercise when I'm exhausted but it's not impossible.
  • michedarnd
    michedarnd Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Lack of sleep is actually a significant weight-loss impediment. It tends to impede it. If you look at lists of weight-gain factors, inadequate sleep is almost ALWAYS on that list. So, what I have is a problem where I have a significant weight-gain factor even while I am eating well and exercising.

So, the nature of my question is how people are combating this to ensure that their weight-loss proceeds at the optimal pace.
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I don't think it makes that significant of a difference.

People do love a list of 10 things that can ________. Especially when weight is involved. Nobody sells magazines by saying "A whole issue devoted to things you already knew!" That's probably why you've read that sleep will interfere with weight loss so many times.