What's your favorite afternoon snack??

Options

Replies

• naturechyld
    Options
    A cripps pink apple with almond butter--yummy!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Oat meal with Justin's Nut Butter - any flavor but mostly the almond ones (seriously - no innuendo: http://www.justinsnutbutter.com/) and fruit mixed in. OMG, get in my belly!
    Reported
    methinks thou attempteth too hard not to get banned
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Oat meal with Justin's Nut Butter - any flavor but mostly the almond ones (seriously - no innuendo: http://www.justinsnutbutter.com/) and fruit mixed in. OMG, get in my belly!
    Reported
    methinks thou attempteth too hard not to get banned

I can't help it that my foods can be misinterpreted...I just want people to know I actually mean what foods I mention. I'm not still bitter or anything.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add, pistachios are also a favorite snack.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Handful of almonds and a Kashi granola bar (one of the low sugar kinds, not the chocolate or fruit kind).
  • Gaguilar81314
    Options
    Any fruit for a good snack around 3 pm with Trechas powder. Yummy!!!!!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    There are so many to choose from ;)

I discovered recently that Top the Tater (a Midwest thing.....it's basically sour cream with chives & some magical ingredient that creates deliciousness) is only 60 calories for 2 tbsp! Pair that with those new Special K Chips (like 27 chips for 110 cals), and you've got a crunchfest that's quite delightful!

Also like:
    Snackwell brownie bites
    Fat-Free pudding (usually vanilla or tapioca) with 1/2 cup blueberries or bananas mixed in
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Granny Smith Apple and cottage cheese. :)

I don't combine the two; however, it may not be too bad.
  • ennaejay
    Options
    Mmmm, love to hear y'all's ideas!

My current fave is 1/2 c. cottage cheese with 1/2 c. frozen sliced strawberries. Sometimes I add 1 T of Kashi granola. So refreshing and delish!
  • purple_orchid
    purple_orchid Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    cheese string and a turkey bite
    hummus and veggies
    fiber gourmet lite cheese snacks
    fiber gourmet microwave brownie or cinnamon cake - usually save this one for after dinner snack :)
    raspberries and some Not Nuts Trail Mix
  • katyk00
    katyk00 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I love this topic!

string cheese and spelt pretzels
    fruit
    1/2 serving PB and slice of bread
    chobani or fage 5 oz greek yogurt
    Kashi TLC bars
    Fiber One 90 cal brownie or Oats and Chocolate bar (soooo good!)
    one cup of Kashi Go Lean cereal
  • O2Bslimagain
    O2Bslimagain Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    1/2 grapefruit with 6 almonds, greek yogurt (plain) with fresh fruit, quinoa with yogurt and fresh fruit all mixed together, protein shakes with fresh fruit, apple with almond or peanut butter.
  • roblow65
    roblow65 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Healthy_Hannah483
    Healthy_Hannah483 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Definitely the Dare Grains First poppy and black pepper crackers with light garlic and herb laughing cow cheese. Mmmmm. (: Only 115 calories for 4 big crackers & a cheese wedge.
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    My new favorite is a whole pint of Chocolate Arctic Zero with a serving of PB2 mixed in. A whole PINT of Peanut buttery ice cream, for only 200 calories!

Why not eat the Peanut Butter flavor of Arctic Zero? Well, the Whole Foods I go to doesn't typically carry the PB flavor. Also, when I have been able to find it, the PB flavor is too mild for my taste.
  • hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Apple, natural PB, and Wheat Thins (=
  • hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    My new favorite is a whole pint of Chocolate Arctic Zero with a serving of PB2 mixed in. A whole PINT of Peanut buttery ice cream, for only 200 calories!

Why not eat the Peanut Butter flavor of Arctic Zero? Well, the Whole Foods I go to doesn't typically carry the PB flavor. Also, when I have been able to find it, the PB flavor is too mild for my taste.

Woah...what it Arctic Zero? And PB2? And where can I find these?? haha
  • klhiggs32
    klhiggs32 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I always feel like I need an afternoon snack with such a large gap of time between lunch and dinner. Eating a snack around 3 or 330 works for me. If i'm going to work out hare after work, I like to have a protein mix. Which consists of :

*1 serving of fat free chobani plain yogurt, 1 scoop of isopure dutch chocolate low carp protein powder and a scoop of all natural no salt added teddie peanut butter. This is protein loaded and on the higher side for cals so I only eat this if i've had a lighter lunch and planning a big workout.

Otherwise some of my fave afternoon snacks are:
    Green tea and a Pink Lady Apple
    Hummus and Baby Carrots
  • StaceKaiman
    Options
    My go to afternoon snacks are;

Baby Carrots
    Blue Diamond Almond Nut-Thins Smoke House
    BBQ Pop Chips
    Source 0 Fat Yogurt
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member