Calorie breakdown by meal

Options
How do you all tend to break down your calories between meals throughout the day?

For me, my goal breakdown is as follows:

300 breakfast
400 lunch
200 snack #1
200 snack #2
400 dinner

Exercise calories (above the included 300, in addition to 1200 base) are added to snacks and dinner.

What about you?

Replies

• yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    How do you all tend to break down your calories between meals throughout the day?

For me, my goal breakdown is as follows:

300 breakfast
    400 lunch
    200 snack #1
    200 snack #2
    400 dinner

Exercise calories (above the included 300, in addition to 1200 base) are added to snacks and dinner.

What about you?
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I have suddenly realized how badly I am doing with loading the end of my day with too many calories.

125 Breakfast
    400 Lunch and Afternoon snack
    925 Dinner and Night time snack :noway:

1200 base + 250 exercise = 1450
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Lauryn - I tend to do the same thing - I am working on spreading calories out more.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I like to do smaller meals.

My usual breakfast is around 400 cals, lunch between 400- 500, and dinner around 500 cals. Then 2 snacks around 200-250 cals each. It works for me, I need to eat a good breakfast or I'm starving all day!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Lauryn - I tend to do the same thing - I am working on spreading calories out more.

I need to focus. I know what I've done --- I'm denying food during the day, while I'm distracted at work, and don't have time to be 'bored hungry', and then I'm binging at night, essentially. Comfort foods to self-medicate an unhappy me at home.

Grrr, now I just have to work on adjusting that. Swing some of those night time calories to breakfast, like I use to do. Glad I'm not the only one. Thanks Chrissy (((hugs)))
  • schoonmp
    schoonmp Posts: 175
    Options
    I'm just the opposite. I eat most of my calories for breakfast and lunch and hardly eat anything at night. I cook, but don't eat. Makes me feel yucky.
  • teacheratkins24
    teacheratkins24 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I use a lot of calories before supper. That is the meal that is the smallest for me because it is so close to bed time. :tongue:
  • greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    Teacheratkins, I do about the same things. I'm more hungry during the day, so dinner is smaller and then a cup of tea or cocoa before I do to bed :smile:

Breakfast 300 or so
    Lunch 400 or so
    Snacks throughout the day 300
    Dinner 200

That's on the days that I don't work out though (1200 calorie base)
  • denisebee
    denisebee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am like you. I eat a smaller amount at breakfast and lunch so I have the extra cals at dinner. I find if I use too many through out the day I end up feeling deprived at night and I end up eating over my 1200 cals....

As long as we are eating the right amount does it really matter if we eat a higher cal dinner and lower breakfast,lunch and snack????
  • denisebee
    denisebee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Opss I forgot it hit the quote- this is to you Lauryn1981

I need to focus. I know what I've done --- I'm denying food during the day, while I'm distracted at work, and don't have time to be 'bored hungry', and then I'm binging at night, essentially. Comfort foods to self-medicate an unhappy me at home.

Grrr, now I just have to work on adjusting that. Swing some of those night time calories to breakfast, like I use to do. Glad I'm not the only one. Thanks Chrissy (((hugs)))
    Wed 01/07/09 01:16 PMI am like you. I eat a smaller amount at breakfast and lunch so I have the extra cals at dinner. I find if I use too many through out the day I end up feeling deprived at night and I end up eating over my 1200 cals....

As long as we are eating the right amount does it really matter if we eat a higher cal dinner and lower breakfast,lunch and snack????