eating too much too fast

i am usually really goodd at dividing my calories into 6 little meals,,,, but today i just went overboard, i eat ALL MY 1700 CALORIES (i am on 1200 calorie diet, but i got 500 extra from working out) , within breakfast and lunch and i still have a long day to go , what should i do so i won't overeat? i am really PISSED , i really hope it won't mess up my weight lost

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    1 day is not going to sabotage your weight loss if you get back on track tomorrow, don't' starve yourself the rest of the day, eat
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    1 day is not going to sabotage your weight loss if you get back on track tomorrow, don't' starve yourself the rest of the day, eat

Agreed. Studies have shown that one day going over doesn't have much of an effect on your weight.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    like the others 1 day will not hurt you and you 1700 cals (1200 +500 from exercise) is to lose weight, so if your maintenance is 1900 you could eat 2400 (1900+500 from exercise) today and not gain an ounce, all this would do is take 1 day longer to hit your weekly weight loss goal so it will take 8 days instead of 7.
  • like the others 1 day will not hurt you and you 1700 cals (1200 +500 from exercise) is to lose weight, so if your maintenance is 1900 you could eat 2400 (1900+500 from exercise) today and not gain an ounce, all this would do is take 1 day longer to hit your weekly weight loss goal so it will take 8 days instead of 7.
    acually my maintainance is at 2100,but thank you guys, i feel much better. sometimes understress i just don't think logically
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    To be honest, if you only have 20-30 to lose, 1200 is probably too low to begin with -- so you're probably not over as much as you think you are. 1200 is rarely the correct number unless you're super tiny or have closer to 100 or more to lose.
  • Some studies show that having a benge day is a good thing. :) Don't be pissed at yourself. Take it as a reminder that you're human and going to trip up. This is a journey, not an overnight success.
  • To be honest, if you only have 20-30 to lose, 1200 is probably too low to begin with -- so you're probably not over as much as you think you are. 1200 is rarely the correct number unless you're super tiny or have closer to 100 or more to lose.
    usually, i am over 1200 net by 50-100 calories , but so far it has worked for me. my goal is 140 , so i am trying to lose about 50 pounds. i will be up it to one pound lost per week once i get to the 170's
  • Don't be too hard on yourself. We all have days like that, and some days your body will scream for more calories anyhow. As long as it's not a daily thing, don't worry about it - just use it as motivation to stay in check. :)
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    I'm so glad to have read this. I'm doing okay on watching my calories (I only get 1200) and I already entered in what I think I will have for dinner tonight. We are going out for dinner for my DD's birthday. I looked at the restaurant nutrition stuff on line and the lowest thing they have is a salad for 700 calories! So, I logged in 1000 for a pasta dish and with my exercise today, it should only put me a little bit over if I don't eat anything between now and then. Still, nice to hear that one meal out won't totally derail my entire good week. I'll have to push a little more in cycle class tomorrow to make up for it.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Just eat. One day won't make a difference. And it might actually speed up your metabolism a little. Don't feel guilty over every mistake. It will just make your diet unpleasant. DO try to stick to it, though. =)