Does squash count as water??

Options
Just a quick one, does squash count as water? as thats what ive been loggin my water as. As i dont like water :/

Replies

• alapoint89
    Options
    nope sorry
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Only water.

I used to think I hated water and after getting in the habit of drinking it, I PREFER it now. It's just like exercise.. It's all habit!
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    The only food that comes close to counting as water is watermellon.
  • freshstart4me
    Options
    no, not at all.

the only thing that counts as water is, in fact, water. sorry :(
  • uniqute1888
    uniqute1888 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    the more you drink it the more you'll like it... i promise!!!
  • freshstart4me
    Options
    Only water.

I used to think I hated water and after getting in the habit of drinking it, I PREFER it now. It's just like exercise.. It's all habit!

and this.
  • sherrisloan
    sherrisloan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Try some crystal lite. Every once in a while I just get tired of water so i'll add crystal lite to it. Some time lil lemon or lime.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Nope..I don't even count tea/coffee as water either..........Just water!
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    Wow. :)
  • emsibun
    emsibun Posts: 208
    Options
    By squash she means water plus a flavouring - kind of like crystal light in America I guess.

As a fellow UK person (Hi, by the way) I'd say that squash counts as it's a drink, however you need to log the calories which can seriously mount up!

Squash can also mean a vegetable which is why someone commented about watermelon :laugh:
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I used to not like drinking water either. Then I forced myself to like it. It was necessary, and I'm glad I did it. Now it's all I ever drink.
  • sarahpittaway
    Options
    I hated water, but now love water. Prefer it cold but drink it all day. I have not touched any soft drinks since or even juices as I prefer to eat fruit than use up all my calories on drinks!
  • SunshineAndLove
    SunshineAndLove Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    By squash she means water plus a flavouring - kind of like crystal light in America I guess.

As a fellow UK person (Hi, by the way) I'd say that squash counts as it's a drink, however you need to log the calories which can seriously mount up!

Squash can also mean a vegetable which is why someone commented about watermelon :laugh:

What she said, if you get the no added sugar version it's not so bad, 4cals per 25ml. Add the cals for that PLUS the glass of water it goes in and hey presto you've had a glass of water!
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Of course it counts as water! Just because it has flavouring in it doesn't mean it ceases to be water!

You're not Jesus.
  • ItsMeLori
    Options
    The only food that comes close to counting as water is watermellon.

not really watermelon has a lot of sugar
  • KiteGirl83
    Options
    I always drink water with ice and a straw. Makes it fancier ;)
  • digby765
    Options
    I count squash as water, i drink it very diluted. :flowerforyou:
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Does it hydrate you? Yes.

Your stomach doesn't have a magic pocket that separates water from water mixed with something else and it really can't tell the difference.

It's pretty obvious when you think about it.

Consider squash is 25ml concentrate and 225ml water.

You either mix it in the cup or in the stomach. Your stomach can't tell the difference.

Edit to note that most Americans here will probably think you mean the vegetable when you say "squash." :smile:
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Yes, if I add a little Crystal light or lemon to my water it still counts as water!!
  • FitForeverAgain
    FitForeverAgain Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Only you Brits would name a flavored drink mix after a large gourd-like vegetable!!! I'm a relatively intelligent person, and I was baffled for a minute.