Dining out tonight and need suggestions.

Options
2»

Replies

• Purecity
    Purecity Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    First, I must say that I absolutely LOVE this website and all of you :)

After reading everyones suggestions, I have a pretty clear mindset on what to order and what to stay away from. I planned ahead and kept a pretty low calorie breakfast/lunch so I gave myself a nice little buffer. I also am going to take the suggestion of having a handful of nuts beforehand so I dont reach for the bread. I made an agreement with my sister who is currently on the path to gain weight that she eats all the bread lol

Thank you again! <3
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Pasta isn't "bad" for you, people just tend to eat a bunch of it.

See if you can order a lunch portion or only eat part of your dinner portion. Like people said, avoid cream sauces unless you want to splurge on calories. Maybe even ask for no cheese/parmesan to cut some extras.

Being dairy-free, I usually order a makeshift dish at Italian places. Ask for pasta loaded up with lots of veggies and a (preferably fresh) pomodoro sauce.

If you don't want to be a picky orderer, just have a glass of wine!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    First, I must say that I absolutely LOVE this website and all of you :)

After reading everyones suggestions, I have a pretty clear mindset on what to order and what to stay away from. I planned ahead and kept a pretty low calorie breakfast/lunch so I gave myself a nice little buffer. I also am going to take the suggestion of having a handful of nuts beforehand so I dont reach for the bread. I made an agreement with my sister who is currently on the path to gain weight that she eats all the bread lol

Thank you again! <3

Planning ahead already puts you ahead of most people! Restaurants are tricky, so its much better to have a game-plan! Good luck, and more importantly, HAVE FUN!
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Also fresh pasta tends to have egg. Try for dishes made from dry!
  • marquesajen
    Options
    Enjoy yourself, stay away from white sauces, have a side salad, or a big one! Also, if the portions are big take some home :D
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Check out the seafood. Most upper end italian restaurants will have some seafood options too. I'm a big swordfish fan, and my favorite Italian place makes a great swordfish steak. Of course you don't want to eat a lot of swordfish given the concerns over mercury, but on occasion it's a great meat with lots of Omega 3's.