Please Help Me!

Options
I do so well during the day, my intake before dinner usually around 750 calories. I eat my dinner between 5:30 to 6 pm. for about 500 calories. I drink at least 8-10 glasses water and walks at least 30-45 minutes after dinner. My problem is I feel so hungry around 8 pm everyday, it's like a set schedule in my mind, when it's around 8 pm, I automaticly walk to the kitchen and looking for food. I know if I can control this, I would gain back the weight I lost. I lost about 75lbs and now gained back 40. I tried to avoid but God knows how hard it is. Any suggestions please!!!!!!!!

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    set aside half of your dinner so when you feel hungry later, you can eat that and still be within goal? :)
  • sp53
    sp53 Posts: 40
    Options
    Plan for a snack at 8pm--I do, because if I say I'm not gonna eat before bed I'm totally lying!
  • njh2387
    njh2387 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    After dinner is my bad time too. I've found drinking something cold really helps get me past the danger time. I love the Wyler's Strawberry-Kiwi sugar free drink. I make a pitcher of it and keep it in the frig. I get a big glass with ice and sip on that. It has helped me. Good luck.
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Maybe your dinner choices just aren't filling enough? Maybe you could find better night snacks? When I get cravings at night I eat a sugar free popsicle which is only 15 calories so even if I have two it's ok :smile: Or maybe a handle full of pretzels which is like 80 calories. OR I know I know! Maybe you could eat less during the day so you have more calories at night. OH yeah that's the ticket! Good luck :wink:
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Sara and Sp both have great ideas! If you know when 8 rolls around you'll be hungry you should already have a snack waiting and inputed!
  • alannablue
    Options
    You didn't mention what your calorie goal is, but if you're still under by that time of day, plan several healthier snack choices to have at 8pm. Rice cakes, some microwave popcorns (try Target's MarkeyPantry brand, 1/2 bag of the butter flavor is 150 calories), etc.

No reason to hurt yourself emotionally by thinking you can't eat something at 8pm. I don't see anything wrong with it!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Maybe your dinner choices just aren't filling enough?

I agree...try eating something at dinner that will make you feel full longer.
  • janetb21
    janetb21 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    What everybody else said - you need to plan a snack for 8 pm. Whether you take calories out of dinner or out of earlier in the day, you need it so you need to plan for it.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I need to eat frequently, so I understand this. Try shaving 150 calories off lunch and dinner (total) and then having small snacks. You could do yogurt or rice cakes around 8.
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    You could try eating smaller meals throughout the day. Plan for an after dinner snack. If I really get the munchies drinking warm tea, sugar free hot cocoa, or a low sodium broth helps me!
  • PlumLovin
    Options
    I had this problem too & started drinking a cup of decaf. tea which made me feel full but also made me have to go too much during the night. Someone told me to brush my teeth & it would be like a signal to the brain that food consumption was over and guess what??? It has been working!!! Sounds silly but it works for me....
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I do so well during the day, my intake before dinner usually around 750 calories. I eat my dinner between 5:30 to 6 pm. for about 500 calories. I drink at least 8-10 glasses water and walks at least 30-45 minutes after dinner. My problem is I feel so hungry around 8 pm everyday, it's like a set schedule in my mind, when it's around 8 pm, I automaticly walk to the kitchen and looking for food. I know if I can control this, I would gain back the weight I lost. I lost about 75lbs and now gained back 40. I tried to avoid but God knows how hard it is. Any suggestions please!!!!!!!!

Totally rethink your habits and goals. Eat the bulk of your calories in the evening, walk BEFORE you eat dinner (maybe have a very lite snack before you walk, add 100 calories, walk 3-4 days per week. If You can't LIVE with your changes and maintain your wt loss, what's the point! REMEMBER: At some point, you have to become "The Master of your SELF" and refuse, just refuse to over eat. It's about what you can DO, CONSTANTLY and is Reasonable, NOT about what is Easy; Sometimes you MUST ACCEPT DISCOMFORT. The discomfort IS the Training Yourself NEW Good Habits, and that's Uncomfortable!
  • Luvmysixpack
    Options
    I would cut enough calories off your lunch and dinner to make room for you 8 snack and I would make sure that the snack is a good amount of protein in it so it keeps you satisfied.