Who has had success with weight loss and no exercise

Options
2»

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I try to exercise almost everyday, but lately I've been feeling awfully tired, but am staying with my calories. Has anyone had success with just diet alone? If you think exercise is the way to go - how much do you exercise per day and how many days per week? I need to find a happy medium between diet and exercise.

"I try to exercise almost EVERY DAY, but lately I've been feeling AWFULLY TIRED....."

Asked and answered! Thanks! Ya'll come back now, ya hear!
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    In the mid '90's I lost about 70 lbs with diet alone. I lost massive amounts of muscle in the process, though.
  • bllowry
    bllowry Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I now do about 15 minutes of toe touches, side bends, etc 4 times a week with my doctors blessing; I am slowly building up to 15 minutes on the elliptical three times a week. I know that's not much, but I have 100 pounds total to lose, and I have both rheumatoid and oseto arthritis. I've lost 30 pounds with virturally no exercise. As I lose weight I'm sure he'll want me to do more, but since I have damaged cartilage in both hips and knees I'm all for caution.I just got the go ahead to bike ride and I'm picking up the first bike I've ever owned tomorrow!

So yes, you can lose weight, but I know I feel better now that I have a small amount of exercise in the mix.
  • joditenzer
    Options
    I have the opposite problem- I love the workout I do (zumba) but messed my knees up so badly that I can barely walk, let alone zumba and it depresses me... i'm really worried I won't be able to lose just based on food alone, since I had lost 50 lbs just from doing zumba (not even watching my food), but once I was forced to cut down how much I do it, 20 lbs piled back on almost immediately. Hoping, like you, that it doesn't require exercise to lose this.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions - I try not to eat back the calories I burn cause I feel like I'm such a slow loser to begin with

This makes no sense to me. Hypothetically speaking, you get 1200 calories (i don't know your actual goal). You burn 200 doing exercise. You don't eat them back. So you have netted 1000.

If you would exercise and eat them back you would get to EAT 1400 calories and net 1200, just like you will do if you eat that and don't exercise. You'd probably feel a lot better eating more and moving.
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    You can easily lose weight slowly without exercise. But you will have to be strict on your diet because you will not have the muscle mass nor the boosted metabolism of an exerciser.

The weightloss won't be much of the problem, it will be the maintanence. Since you will have no lee way, an average metabolism, no muscle tone, your diet will have to be strictly regulated for life or your weight will yo yo.