I'm done (being fat)!

furrflys
furrflys Posts: 84
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I found this resource on January 3rd and it's really helping me keep track of what I'm eating. I had always been thin to overly thin. I never had to think about staying in shape or watching my diet. Because of that I never learned healthy eating habits.

Almost 3 years ago I became pregnant with my first child at age 34 and during the pregnancy I gained ALOT of weight. I went from 130-135 lbs to 224lbs at my heaviest. My daughter is 2 and a half now and I'm realizing that I'm not going to lose weight by keeping my old eating and activity habits. I'm tired of being twice the woman I once was! The change in my figure happened so suddenly that it was seriously damaging to my self esteem.

So here goes

Replies

• I found this resource on January 3rd and it's really helping me keep track of what I'm eating. I had always been thin to overly thin. I never had to think about staying in shape or watching my diet. Because of that I never learned healthy eating habits.

Almost 3 years ago I became pregnant with my first child at age 34 and during the pregnancy I gained ALOT of weight. I went from 130-135 lbs to 224lbs at my heaviest. My daughter is 2 and a half now and I'm realizing that I'm not going to lose weight by keeping my old eating and activity habits. I'm tired of being twice the woman I once was! The change in my figure happened so suddenly that it was seriously damaging to my self esteem.

So here goes
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Welcome:flowerforyou: This is a great site and you're in the right place.:drinker: Good luck to you :flowerforyou:

Be sure to read the posts for Newbies in the Community Threads under General weightloss and diet. It will answer most of your questions :flowerforyou:
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Jennnnnnnny Posts: 373 Member
    welcome :flowerforyou: . this site offers so much for you. good luck on your journey
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    I had really low self esteem myself when I came here, as did most everyone else I'm sure, so we can definitely relate with how you're feeling!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    welcome to the site and good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    I had really low self esteem myself when I came here, as did most everyone else I'm sure, so we can definitely relate with how you're feeling!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!

BREN!!!!!

I just noticed you reached your goal-- congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! Woooooooooooo-- so impressed. You must feel so proud!!!!!!!!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member

BREN!!!!!

I just noticed you reached your goal-- congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! Woooooooooooo-- so impressed. You must feel so proud!!!!!!!!!

Awww, thanks Marla! I AM thrilled to pieces, but, I've decided to lose a few more, so I don't really consider that I AM at my goal yet.
    When I first came here, I NEVER, EVER thought that I WOULD actually lose the weight. Soo, I set my first goal at 158. Then after sticking with MFP for awhile, and seeing a nice, slow, steady weight loss, I realized that I JUST MAYBE COULD do it! So then I lowered my goal another 10 pounds, and yup, I finally reached it!
    Now, if I could just lose a few more as a "cushion", :laugh: I'll be in seventh heaven! :smile:
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Hi darlin, so glad you found the site, it's changed my life. I prayed for a long time for God to just give me the willingness to start being active, and, lose the extra pounds. I came across this site. The people here shared their knowledge and experience with me and I began to apply those things to my life. Keep posting, asking questions and be sure to share what you have to share. Don't ever think you don't have something to share with others:) We all need eachother and we are each unique. Different things will work well for some, and not for others. For me it has been trial and error but I am so moving ahead! Love you much and again, glad you are here, denise in Oregon:happy: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: (Im drinking water for the first time in my life, what a change that has made, I hated it, but now I love it!)

I found this resource on January 3rd and it's really helping me keep track of what I'm eating. I had always been thin to overly thin. I never had to think about staying in shape or watching my diet. Because of that I never learned healthy eating habits.

So here goes
This discussion has been closed.