Why is your goal weight your goal weight?

Options
Yep you read the question right! :happy: I want to know why the goal wieght you have chosen is the goal weight you are working for or already achieved!

Replies

• GreenGettingLean
    GreenGettingLean Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Good question! Not only is it slightly on the lower side of a healthy weight for my height, it's also the weight listed on my driver's license. Ready for that weight to finally be accurate again!
  • bookworm03
    bookworm03 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I took my height then did 100lbs for the first 5 feet, then 5 lbs per inch above. I've weighed 10lbs above my goal weight before and felt I could have lost a little, so I feel its close to accurate.
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 165 pounds... 65 pounds under what I started from. The reason I chose this goal weight is because it's what I weighed when my husband and I got together in 2005.
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Right now my goal weight is -100 pounds. The reason is, I feel if I have lost 100 pounds that I will have accomplished something. not to mention I will be 100 pounds lighter on my feet :)
  • jessica_mom343
    jessica_mom343 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is the high end weight of a healthy BMI. Maybe I can get smaller than that...maybe not, but just being in the healthy range when right now I'm in the morbidly obese range would be AWESOME!!!!
  • Katefab26
    Options
    I just chose mine because it was right in the middle of my "ideal" weight for my height. If I get there and find it's not right for me then I'll do some adjusting.
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I picked a nice round number, just the 200lb to lose!! To be honest, I will probably need to go a little lower than that, but I thought I'd get the 200 out of the way first, and take it from there! :tongue:
  • LaurieEReid
    Options
    It's the middle of my healthy range for my height based on the MFP BMI.
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    As a runner, I feel the lighter you are the faster you are...and I want to be a pretty damn fast runner.
  • Ruder94
    Ruder94 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Because it is exactly 100 pounds less than where i started at! I figured that would be quite the goal to reach, on my own. Give me something to be proud of.
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I actually went to the university and had my muscle to fat ratio tested in the bod pod. Then I took my lean muscle (with 0 fat) and multiplied it by 1.22 (because I want to be about 22% fat). May be bass ackward, but that's how I came to my goal.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    My goal weight = My current lean body mass plus 20% fat. If my LBM goes higher, my goal weight will go higher too.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    My goal weight when I started was 160lbs from 179lbs but now I have lost 14lbs I have made my goal 145lbs..then I may change it again...but for now my goal is 145lb
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 115 because this was my natural weight a few years ago without even trying!! I'd like to get back to that, because it's where I feel comfortable. Also, because I've been there once I feel like it's reasonable to reach it again.

...With that said, I'm willing to re-evaluate my goals at 125 based on how I look and feel at that point. I am a few years older, and may end up with more muscle mass that would make my weight higher but my health and appearance would still be fine. :)
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Because at 140-150 lb., I don't feel "fat".
  • amylanphierd
    amylanphierd Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Chose mine because it in in the "healthy" range for BMI. 39 down, 21 to go.
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    A nice achievable (I hope!) number in the middle of my healthy BMI range. I'd love to enjoy clothes shopping again, but my BMI drives me more :-)
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I actually went to the university and had my muscle to fat ratio tested in the bod pod. Then I took my lean muscle (with 0 fat) and multiplied it by 1.22 (because I want to be about 22% fat). May be bass ackward, but that's how I came to my goal.

Jinx.
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    My goal weight was my weight at my fitness peak, early 20's. I would be happy enough if I am just within 20 lbs. of it.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I chose my goal weight because when I was that weight before that was when I felt and looked the healthiest.