Negative Calorie foods

Options
Thomasm198
Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
People keep claiming that celery is a negative calorie food and that it burns more calories eating it than there is in the stick of celery.

In the food database it says that a Big Mac, Fries and Diet Coke is 920 calories.
Celery is supposed to use 85 calories to eat but only contains 75. That means it burns 10 calories more than is in it.

My question is:
If I eat enough celery along with a Big Mac, Fries and Diet Coke will the negative calorie value of the celery cancel out the McDonalds leaving me with a balance of 0 calories?

smiley-think004.gif

Replies

• Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    firstly, I don't believe in the negative calories

secondly, you'd get sick!
  • CuteEllais
    CuteEllais Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    The math major in me says it would work in theory, but my tummy says, "OW!"
  • fowlmeli1093
    Options
    HEHEHEHEHE :)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! But having the diet coke with it negates ALL the calories, of course.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! But having the diet coke with it negates ALL the calories, of course.

If you supersize the diet coke it also negates the previous days calories.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    you are for getting the inverse law of digestion. you would have to eat the big mac anally.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    If you supersize the diet coke it also negates the previous days calories.
    I did NOT know this. MFP is such a wealth of knowledge! All completely and totally accurate.
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    you are for getting the inverse law of digestion. you would have to eat the big mac anally.

LOL.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Yes!!

And also be sure to log the eating as weight lifting... and walking in to and out of the restaurant as well as the act of ordering, thinking and getting your wallet out to pay.

All of this will result in a McDonald's feast having negative calories.

This is how I manage to eat a case of twinkies every week. You just have to be creative!

:flowerforyou:
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

icky.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    What saddens me about this thread is that someone might actually take it seriously, lol.
  • dayzeerock
    Options
    double posting irks me.
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options

icky.

Yes, it may seem icky, but you just have to accept the fact that somethings in life may be a bit uncomfortable.
    If you want to lose weight, eating forbidden foods this way is the only sure thing to help you reach your caloric goals.
    Trust me, I thought about becoming a nutritionist once, so I pretty much know everything.
  • dayzeerock
    Options

icky.

LOL, this reminds me of South Park...
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

icky.

Yes, it may seem icky, but you just have to accept the fact that somethings in life may be a bit uncomfortable.
    If you want to lose weight, eating forbidden foods this way is the only sure thing to help you reach your caloric goals.
    Trust me, I thought about becoming a nutritionist once, so I pretty much know everything.

LOL, you wise person, you.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options

icky.

LOL, this reminds me of South Park...
    First thing I thought of.
  • scott1024
    scott1024 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    If you eat enough celery that it causes you to regurgitate the McDonald's meal, you're in business, mister!

(I spent the night at a Holiday Inn Express)
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    My question is:
    If I eat enough celery along with a Big Mac, Fries and Diet Coke will the negative calorie value of the celery cancel out the McDonalds leaving me with a balance of 0 calories?

smiley-think004.gif
    And if your celery is ice cold you will burn even more Calories.

or else the tapeworm in the burger will digest all your fat for you :laugh:
  • bellecraic
    bellecraic Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    this thread is hilarious.... way too funny...LOL
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Can I just use celery salt on my fries for the same effect?