Protein

I am always going over my protein allowance. Can someone please help suggest some ideas for meal and snack options that have zero protein. I have to go home and eat dinner and I have 400+ calories but only 18 g of protein. PLEASE HELP!!! :smile:

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    I wouldn't sweat it. I personally believe the standard protein goal is too low and the standard carb goal is too high on MFP.
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    According to the October issue of Men's Health magazine you cannot eat too much protein. Your body will absorb it as needed.
  • msjac23
    msjac23 Posts: 140 Member
    Protein is good for your muscles. I would worry about. I actually increase my protein in the custom goals.
  • I'm in the opposite position. I was told by MFP'ers that a person should have .7 - 1g of protein per pound that they weigh. I barely make it to 50 on a daily occurrence. I just had part of a red delicious apple and when I logged it, it does not have protein, so that could be a snack option for you. :) Good luck.
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Too much protein is never a bad thing IMHO. I typically go way over my protein and way under my carbs, but protein keeps me from being hungry. :-)
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    I am always going over my protein allowance. Can someone please help suggest some ideas for meal and snack options that have zero protein. I have to go home and eat dinner and I have 400+ calories but only 18 g of protein. PLEASE HELP!!! :smile:

Protein isn't bad.

I'm usually at least 100g over a day
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    it's nothing to stress over.... if you go 'over' on what MFP automatically sets as your goal, you will be just fine. likely better than fine. can't see your diary, but i honestly don't think this is an issue.
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    I agree, the protein goal is too low and the carbs are too high.
  • lauraOOOO
    lauraOOOO Posts: 103 Member
    I'm not expert but I did do some research on protien this morning, as I am also often over. I think that going over is fine, but going WAYY over all the time can eventually be really hard on your system.
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    I, too, am always too high on protein and low on carbs. YAY meat!!!
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Going over is fine, but women really should not go over .7-.9 g/lb a day because the body can pull calcium from bones to help break down the protein.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    I used to go over by 1 - 5 on MFP.

For a low cal type meal with little protein I have 100gms baked beans with 100 gms mushrooms,

I am sure you will find lots of recipes on here for low protein meals.

I reached a plateau for a week..and I was over on my protein when I looked back...I have kept in the MFP advice and have started losing again.

But we are all different and what works for one....etc
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    I wouldn't sweat it. I personally believe the standard protein goal is too low and the standard carb goal is too high on MFP.

I agree!