Who else is on a 1200 Calorie diet???

Options
I need friends who are eating about the same amount of calories I am....So Please friend me because I would like to see compare diaries!! THANK YOU! :) Share your plans with me! :)

Replies

• HollyH8
    Options
    My goal is 1200 calories but somedays I'm more but most I'm less. I'll add you! :)
  • mamasyd
    mamasyd Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My average is about 1270, though it's often down in the 1200 range. Feel free to friend me if you'd like.
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    add me if you would like :)

i am also on the 1200 calorie diet and looking to lose 30-40 pounds....

I am also currently doing c25k!
  • Jconner30
    Options
    I find that cutting a watermellon up and puttin them in baggies and taking them to work is great. I substitue lunch for watermellon or pineapple.
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. :wink:

I dont' eat all my exercise cals but aim for 1200 which is my minimum. I am not 'dieting' though this is the long haul for me. :happy: the word diet has me failing after a month! :blushing:
  • shadowfx
    Options
    I am, roughly roundabout. I have about 60lbs to drop and just at the start of my journey. About to start 30DS as well. Add me if you like :smile:
  • sonybalony
    sonybalony Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Yep, I run about 1200... changed it to reflect 1300 because I was in a challenge that some points were for being under on calories and I HATED the stupid little thing yelling at me when I was under! So I added a buffer so I could be right about where I wanted to be and not lose points/be yelled at! lol :laugh:

My diary is open, but I do tend to eat the same kinds of things over and over! lol (I need some variety too!)

~ Sonia

btw, you look really good for 96 years old! :laugh:
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Most women who choose a sedentary get 1200 calories.
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm also on a 1200 diet. I do get a few more calories when I exercise, but I try not to use that many of them. I'd be curious to see what others are eating too.
  • Corruptkitten
    Corruptkitten Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am! You can friend me if you like :)
  • ImJDLookatME
    Options
    MFP said I should be eating 1600 calories, but I changed it to 1200, I have lost 18 pounds in 3 months, and am 10-13 pounds from my goal weight...I think.
  • Missmaggieann
    Missmaggieann Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have combined the south beach diet with this MFP 1200 count and have done well so far.
  • maria25428
    Options
    me 8)
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    Its not really a diet...
  • sxyasnmom
    sxyasnmom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well. I just started using this site. I was using the BodyBugg, but now my subscription expired. I haven't decided if I want to renew it or not.
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I know its a life style, but I didn't know what else to call it..I just want to see what others eat within the 1200 range. thanks.
  • JerseyGirl5970
    JerseyGirl5970 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm on the 1200 calorie diet as well? -

My breakfast Menu is usually one of the following

1 light english muffin - with egg beaters 2 thin slices of ham 1 0z of chees and tsp of mayo
    1 Mission Tortilla with seasoned ground turkey tomatoes sour cream and sometimes 1 - 2 ounces of cheese
    1 potatoe cut up in boiled - onions and peppers sauteed in water in seasoning then I add water and seasoning in a pan and cook everything together.

Lunch

Turkey burger on a light english muffin with lettuce and tomatoe w/ sliced apples
    Lean Cuisine Meal - I love there chicken pot stickers there a little spicey but very filling and they come in a nice serving size in the bag
    Peanut Butter and Jelly on light bread
    Grilled Chicken on Misson Tortilla with tomato sour cream and sometimes shredded cheese

Dinner

Lean Cuisine Meal
    Ham or Turkey sandwhich on light bread with fruit or veggies
    Grilled chicken on light bread or light english muffin with fruit or veggies

snack

Dole Fruit Bar
    Kashi Trail Mix Chewy Granola Bar taste great

I will be adding refried beans next week - I have a wedding to go to in two days so I don't want to be gasy... but I try to stick to high fiber items as they make me fuller and my weight seems to come off as long as I'm not going over board with pasta and I keep my breads light.
  • caitstar
    Options
    Diet can also just be a word for what you eat in a given day... Doesn't have to be the bad connotation :)

I already friended you, but wanted to post here too in case anyone else was looking for new pals.
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone!!! I can't wait to see what your food diaries consist of! I'm always looking for new meal ideas.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Options
    Me, but I exercise at least a bit every day to earn more 'cos I find 1200 pretty low.

I have porridge (oatmeal) for breakfast every morning as it's filling and has fibre.

I drink lots of decaf coffee 'cos I find a hot drink helps me feel like I'm fuller and adds to whatever snack I'm having.

I'm trying to bump up my fruit and veg (especially the veg with dinner) and only eat lean protein. I go over my protein allowance every day, but I do it deliberately 'cos I find lean protein fills me up.

I try to make sure I'm eating and snacking regularly so I never get starving hungry and tempted to make bad choices.

Hmm... that's all my tips... I'm not a genius at this at all, but hoping to keep at it and make some significant progress.