212 days....101.6 lbs...

Options
This is my blog I wrote on Monday....I decided to put it on here to share...maybe this will help someone I don't know but decided to share....

So today was the day....the day I finally made over the 100 lb mark. I was never really sure how I would react...would I cry, would I be super excited or what. I didn't cry and I was excited but I guess some part of me felt like it would be more monumentous (I probably didn't spell that right) and then I came on here and logged it and wow! These people, who before 2/13/2011 were complete strangers to me brought tears to my eyes. They were so excited and happy and proud that it suddenly made it all more real and more exciting.

I have an awesome support system in real life and wonderful friends and family that support me 100% and it helps but being here with you guys and people that know what this struggle really feels like is such a huge relief! It makes it easier that I can come on here and ***** about how much I want to drink a 2 liter of dr pepper in one sitting and you guys get it. So when I tell you guys that I love you and seriously could not have done it without you I really do mean that! Even if all you do is make me laugh on here...you keep me motivated to come back (and I seriously do come back because of you people I think I am actually addicted!)

So no I don't have pics and go on and throw stones I know but man I hate taking pictures! But here are somethings that are different...

Before I started MFP I would drink a minimum of 10 cans of soda a day and usually no water...now I drink almost no soda and if I do it is usually diet and I drink minimum of 15 glasses of water a day...

Before I took the elevator everyday and there are only two floors in my building and taking the stairs would leave me breathless for a while..now I jog (depending on the shoes I am wearing) up the stairs everyday...no elevator for me!!

Before MFP I was grumpy and most people didn't like me very much...I think it was mainly because I was so unhappy all the time...I was probably suffering from depression but not anymore...I have repaired a lot of relationships and I go out more and in general I enjoy life (my boss even made the comment today that I was a happier person).

Before MFP I hated to get out of the bed in the mornings, it was hard for me to wake up and man I was tired all the time! Now I can get up (well unless I am up late on here!) and I look forward to what the day may bring (in general...don't think I am pollyanna or anything).

Before MFP I was content to blend in as much as possible...I didn't want people to notice me and if they did then I assumed they were looking cause they were thinking ugly things about me...now if someone is looking at me I don't assume they are thinking ugly things and I strut my stuff and don't think twice about it.

So yeah I could go on and on but I think you guys get the idea....MFP has changed my life....in 7 months I have become the person that I always thought I could be but never had the courage to be...so 100 down and 160 to go....when I get to my goal who knows what I will be able to do! Life is so full of possibilities and I feel like mine are just coming to light!

Thanks for reading my ramblings and I really do love all of my friends and thank you for sharing this journey with me! Now on to the next 100!
Lisa

Replies

• spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I am so amazed by you! You are truly an inspiration and I am so glad that I get to follow you on your journey! Keep up the good work!!!!
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Proud of you!!
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Proud of you! You are a superstar!!
  • Scatterdragon
    Scatterdragon Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am so amazed by you! You are truly an inspiration and I am so glad that I get to follow you on your journey! Keep up the good work!!!!

This!!! You are amazing! Keep it up :)
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    awesome jobe:flowerforyou:
  • ahalla
    ahalla Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You are AMAZING!! That is so great that you set your mind and have lost over 100lbs. If I was you I wouldn't cry, I would walk around butt naked, LOL. I wouldn't care about what folks thought but dang it you should be so proud of yourself. What an inspiration to everyone on MFP. Congrats and you go girl!!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    You've lost 100 lbs since February!? that is amazing - you're my idol!
    Congratulations on your success. What a wonderful, upbeat message -

Thanks!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Awesome, girl! Proud to be your friend.
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    Amazing!
  • denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I agree with the post about not crying - get naked and run around and hoot and hollar - that is a huge accomplishment....myself I did a little dance in the bathroom with some whoo hoos when I hit the 40 lb mark...for a 100 you get whatever you want :)
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    So fantastic and inspiring. You have done an incredible job.
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you how happy I am to have made your friendship, Lisa. You are such an inspiration to me. I 100% know all of the feelings that you've mentioned. I've been there and am there. You are a beautiful woman, funny, motivational, sexy and WONDERFUL!!!!! I'm lucky to have met you and to be on this journey with you. :-) *muah*

Ps. I can't wait to join the century club with you!!!!!! :-D
  • fas815
    Options
    Ur accomplishment is freakin awesome. Keep it up girl!!!
  • shiggyshane
    Options
    wow! great job..i know you will keep it going..
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    This is wonderful - so so happy for you! Keep on going!
  • RhondaLeeRoss
    Options
    WOW! What a wonderful blog! I am so glad I read it. You truly are an inspiration. Keep up the great work. Now go pat yourself of the back, look in the mirror, and tell yourself YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    You are AMAZING, awesome, sexy...do you want me to go on? GREAT JOB!!! :smooched: :flowerforyou:
  • Circa1964
    Circa1964 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I like your style! You should run around the block waving a banner that you kicked that 100lb's butt and to bring on the next! Truly inspiring to others.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Well done. I'm proud of you. :flowerforyou:
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Like I said before you are amazing!! Such and inspiration and so happy that I am your friend =)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!