Did anyone need to adjust there personal goals for fat ?

I normally have 4 - 7 grams of fat in each main meal breakfast lunch MFP is telling me I was over and I have been watching everything closely. I did have to up my protein and lower my carbs on the goals just because I know how my body pretty much functions and burns calories.

Replies

• wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    custom goals will let you set your own. I set my sugar goal for 22 g (2 over the FDA recommendation) and I'm ALWAYS over - it's stressful for me, but I HAVE GOT to get that in line - imma sugar junkie
  • I'm low every day. I take 4 tlbs spoons of almond butter a day to get me some good fats. I'm so sick of chicken breast that I'm roasting some chicken legs right now. I'm glad I keep the fats low cause it's gonna allow me to eat three of them with no skin....yum...
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    custom goals will let you set your own. I set my sugar goal for 22 g (2 over the FDA recommendation) and I'm ALWAYS over - it's stressful for me, but I HAVE GOT to get that in line - imma sugar junkie

FDA actually recommends between 28-30g of sugar for women (as a base line) so you're pretty safe.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    I adjusted mine to 35% of my calories. Not sure what it was before from MFP, I think it was 20% but it seems to be working better for me now this way.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Fat is your friend.......................

I go very much against the grain of this website and my fat intake is somewhere around 60% per day................Sugar is usually very low, like around 6-8 .
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member

I go very much against the grain of this website and my fat intake is somewhere around 60% per day................Sugar is usually very low, like around 6-8 .

Every heard the phrase "too much of a good thing"? Generally speaking it's wise to keep fat at under 30% of your daily calories. I up my protein to 25% because I'm exercising more.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member

Every heard the phrase "too much of a good thing"? Generally speaking it's wise to keep fat at under 30% of your daily calories. I up my protein to 25% because I'm exercising more.

The more fat youe at, the more fat your body will lose.