Hey Texans

Options
2»

Replies

• glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    No. Texas is awesome. I will NEVER leave Texas. The drought hasn't affected me. It happens every year and I'm used to it.

^^^THIS
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Houston here. We are conserving water.
  • angelew
    angelew Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    There is no place like Texas. Never leaving.
  • boomboom011
    Options
    No. Texas is awesome. I will NEVER leave Texas. The drought hasn't affected me. It happens every year and I'm used to it.
    Same here.

they will have to kick me out of here to get me to move. AND if they did I would come back illegally!

i think moving is a bit extreme in my humble yet accurate opinion based on the drought. Yes we have a drought but i havent heard of a water shortage. Maybe its cause I have an armageddon stash in my garage but even still were just on watering restrictions. I have a good feeling its only temporary.
  • boomboom011
    Options
    P.S. we had rain yesterday. not a lot but it still rained.
  • boomboom011
    Options
    Long live the Republic!

Texas has seen worse droughts. There is water deep in the acquirers, so...it's not like we're all going to die off. So I can't water the grass, I was tired of mowing anyway for the satisfaction of my Marxist Homeowner's Association -- full of their busybodies.

Amen! Down with the HOA!
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Long live the Republic!

Texas has seen worse droughts. There is water deep in the acquirers, so...it's not like we're all going to die off. So I can't water the grass, I was tired of mowing anyway for the satisfaction of my Marxist Homeowner's Association -- full of their busybodies.

Amen! Down with the HOA!

Bwahahahaha. HOA has some serious issues.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    There have been two HUGE fires near my house. ( right outside houston) I have to say though these fires don't scare me nearly as much as some of the hurricanes we've had. :) I love living here though, not moving!
  • _David_
    _David_ Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Im not leaving Texas, drought happens every year and every summer we always say "it wasnt this hot last summer". Its always hot and dry in the summers, in a few months we will be complaining because its raining and too cold. Besides we are going to break away from the States pretty soon and become a republic again
  • FindingFit50s
    Options
    I'm Excited to see so many Texans replying to this with the same "We love our State". Kind of Cool.
    I'm in New Braunfels on IH35 in between San Antonio and Austin, we have definitely felt the drought...thank God for Schlitterbahn!
    I would never leave though just because there hasn't been any rain......there will be rain again.

We were blessed to live in Texas for two years, when my husband was stationed at Randolf AFB in San Antonio. Our two older daughters were 1yo & 7 weeks old when we got there. Our youngest was born there and is dang proud to be a "Native Texan," even though she was only a year old when we left.

While we were there, I did volunteer work at a retirement home in New Braunfels. The residents loved having me bring the babies to visit. It was a wonderful place to live, with wonderful friendly people. At that time, San Antonio was the 9th largest city in America, but you wouldn't have known it because of how hospitable the people were. Even the city traffic wasn't unpleasant -- unlike the Baltimore-DC area, where drivers are so rude and aggressive it's disgusting.

It's funny that one Texan replied that they're looking to retire to the northeast. We, on the other hand, are looking to retire to the southwest or midwest, with Texas a highly regarded option. The northeast, with it's stinking humidity, arrogance, crime, horrific traffic, high taxes, high cost of living, noise pollution, and rampant "hurry sickness" can't hold a candle to Texas! Be more than happy to trade with ya. Just so ya know, though... the crime in Baltimore is second only to Detroit and it has one of the highest cancer rates in the country.

Truth be told.... I can be happy anywhere, as long as I'm with my amazing husband. But I think I just wouldn't have to work very hard at it in Texas. :)
  • krisntraining
    krisntraining Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm Excited to see so many Texans replying to this with the same "We love our State". Kind of Cool.
    I'm in New Braunfels on IH35 in between San Antonio and Austin, we have definitely felt the drought...thank God for Schlitterbahn!
    I would never leave though just because there hasn't been any rain......there will be rain again.

I am in New Braunfels visiting my family this weekend! Beautiful out here even with the drought... I am a TX girl and cant wait to move back!! It is the best place for sure!
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options

I am in New Braunfels visiting my family this weekend! Beautiful out here even with the drought... I am a TX girl and cant wait to move back!! It is the best place for sure!

I can't wait to move back either, though California is starting to grow on me :)