Do you need a chocolate fix?

Options
Do you need a chocolate fix but are afraid it will ruin your food log for the day?

Buy yourself a bag of Hershey's Special Dark chocolate chips. One serving (15 g, 32 chips) is only 70 calories. Eat them one at a time and just let them melt in your mouth. 32 will last quite a while this way. I will often have just a half serving (35 calories) as a snack in the evening. Just a little taste without breaking then calorie bank.

For some this will not be enough to satisfy the craving but it works well for my wife and I.

Replies

• Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Two Dove Dark Chocolate squares is my go-to fix. 84 calories total and I'm in heaven - plus you get a little fortune in the foil wrapper!
  • Biancalee76
    Options
    I bought mini peppermint patties for my fix. One serving is 3 patties for 150 calories. I'll grab one from the fridge, add in my 50 cal and nibble on it. Yummy!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Great idea, thank you so much, I will have to try it!! I've also found a chocolate fix that helps me is fat free hot cocoa packets, about 25 calories each. Just add hot water and sip away.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,672 Member
    Options
    I do this exact thing with the bars. 15 calories per rectangle. Often 3 rectangles is enough to satisfy the craving. I love days when I have 45 calories or so left over. :)
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the Endangered Species 88%. It's very low in sugar and each square contains 28 calories and packs a delicious, intense chocolate flavor. I hate to be a chocolate snob, but Hershey's hasn't quite figured out how to make good dark chocolate.
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    I bought mini peppermint patties for my fix. One serving is 3 patties for 150 calories. I'll grab one from the fridge, add in my 50 cal and nibble on it. Yummy!

Yummy. Have you tried them frozen? Oh my goodness. Good thing I have some calories left for tonight, this discussion is making me want chocolate.
  • smketchum
    smketchum Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing! I also have the dark chocolate kisses and keep some in my desk at work and will let one melt completely in my mouth and find them to be so satisfying. Much more than mindlessly eating a candy bar. The rich chocolate totally satisfies the sweet tooth and the calorie content is very reasonable.
  • Shanahan09
    Options
    Two Dove Dark Chocolate squares is my go-to fix. 84 calories total and I'm in heaven - plus you get a little fortune in the foil wrapper!

Haha, I just literally had the above. I buy the 71% cacao one, sooo good!!
  • ReginaB13
    ReginaB13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    .....I didn't have a chocolate crazving BEFORE I read this post.....Great ideas though! Very helpful!
  • RuthAne
    RuthAne Posts: 130
    Options
    I buy 3.5 oz bars like Dagoba, Lindt, Chocolove etc and eat about 1/4 of the bar as a serving. I always get the dark stuff and the cals range between 70-150.
  • chinamonkey
    chinamonkey Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    A couple of sqaures of 75% (or thereabouts) Cocoa chocolate does it for me! Im in th uk and have tried hersheys and i have to say it really wasnt for me!!! Tasted nothing like Dairy Milk or Galaxy chocolate.....
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Are these all american? :(

Ill stick to my fun-size choccy bars in the uk.
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    When I do crave chocolate, I have a bite of it but feel really sick if I eat anymore.
    It's actually something that runs in my family!
    We all used to love chocolate when we're younger, but upon reaching teenage years, we like it less and less.
    It's a good thing!
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Great, thank you!
  • bllowry
    bllowry Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Ghiardelli 72% dark chocs- one square, about 55 calories. I keep the bag in the freezer so its not tempting me from the cupboard. I break one square in to 4 pieces and let them melt in my mouth one by one as a treat.
  • javamonster
    javamonster Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the Endangered Species 88%. It's very low in sugar and each square contains 28 calories and packs a delicious, intense chocolate flavor. I hate to be a chocolate snob, but Hershey's hasn't quite figured out how to make good dark chocolate.

You mean, good chocolate, period! :wink:

Lindt 90% is my default....I'm always on the lookout for new brands. :smile:
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    World Market Dark Chocolate with sea salt. (okay, can't help it, my 3rd post and I LOOOVE :heart: chocolate.)
    This chocolate has big chunks of sea salt in it. Quench 2 cravings at one time.
  • kdeven
    kdeven Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hershey's Special Dark mini's....they are only 42 calories each. I have one every day after lunch. It hits the craving, but doesn't ruin my calories for the day.
  • javamonster
    javamonster Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    World Market Dark Chocolate with sea salt. (okay, can't help it, my 3rd post and I LOOOVE :heart: chocolate.)
    This chocolate has big chunks of sea salt in it. Quench 2 cravings at one time.

Oooooh.....I can't buy that stuff. My willpower goes out the window! :tongue:
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post. I very rarely crave any chocolate but I will keep this information and maybe even a bag on hand just incase the situation should arrive.