Calories & Exercise

Options
Does anyone know of an accurate calculator that can determine the calories I'm burning when exercising?? I know that cardio machines are way off. SO If you know of one please let me know. Thanks!!!

Replies

• Corruptkitten
    Corruptkitten Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I've heard the most accurate way is with a heart rate monitor.
  • PatientBearTiger
    Options
    Does anyone know of an accurate calculator that can determine the calories I'm burning when exercising?? I know that cardio machines are way off. SO If you know of one please let me know. Thanks!!!

HRM is definitely the way to go. Nothing else will be near as accurate. Well, a BAII Plus Professional is good, but only for time value of money. That probably doesn't apply here.
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Yup nothing is accurate except for a HRM and it should have a chest strap. I bought mine of Amazon for 63 shipped to my door and it has been the best investment!! I was always overestimating my burn by a lot!!! The smaller you are the less calories you will burn also!
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Now if you dont have money for a HRM that is good, then... well, all I can say is - I have always counted my exercise calories on MFP and I have great results. I think if you use common sense it should be enough!
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Everything, including the food input is an estimate on mfp!
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! :)