Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

30wks prego with GD - nutritionist recommended this site

WOW! So far, this site is so easy to navigate and enter data. I had to re-set some of my goals per my docs advice, so would love some support and advice from others with gestational diabetes. Thanks!

Replies

• sknopps
    sknopps Posts: 166
    Never had GD, but I am a Momma :-) Congrats on your little one. This site is awesome!
  • pixardad
    pixardad Posts: 184 Member
    Send me a friend request if you'd like. My wife had GD both times. The first was at the 3rd tri-mester and the second was from day 1. Not sure how much I can remember, but I *do* remember how tough it was. I'm happy to help for you and you're little one!

--PixarDad
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Check out the discussion board Pregnancy - September 2011. There are a couple of ladies who are dealing with GD. At the very least, they know what you're going through - and can let you know what's worked for them. And it's a great group to keep you going during the pregnancy.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/332516-pregnancy-september-2011
  • CandyR1018
    CandyR1018 Posts: 101 Member
    I had gd, wish I had thought about using this site. Just follow the dietician or Dr plan and you will be fine and so will your baby. It's tough being preggers and not being able to eat what you want to eat. My baby was early and had some low sugar issues but he's fine now and so am I. Feel free to friend me. I got a lot of food ideas by googling type 2 diabetes.
  • I wish you luck! I don't have much knowledge in the area, but can help you with this site if needed. Great site to log your food and set goals, especially if you are under doctors orders. My wife failed her first glucose test and went back today for the 3 hour one. We will find out the results tomorrow.
  • Hi welcome to MFP. Hope it works well for you, good luck with the next 7-10 weeks
  • kiwi_dee
    kiwi_dee Posts: 160 Member
    I don't have GD, but I'm 21wks with baby number 4. Feel free to add me if you'd like another friend :smile:
  • Nictor
    Nictor Posts: 9 Member
    I had GD when I was pregnant with my daughter. I was diagnosed around 20 weeks and did it all by diet, no insulin. I used dlife.com to get recipes, it was a life saver for me. Being pregnant can be hard, adding GD to it can be down right cruel sometimes. I remember sitting at dinner crying sometimes because I was so hungry and so frustrated. My sister in law was pregnant at the same time and no one had any idea what I was going through, nor did they ever take my diet into consideration if we met for family dinners. Again, frustrating. Feel free to add me if you'd like someone to talk to about GD.
  • I had gestational diabetes with my son who was born last year. It was a complete shock, but I managed to only gain 24 lbs for the whole pregnancy. It was scary to think that cheating on my diet or not listening to the nutritionist could hurt my son, so I really took it to heart. It's very inconvenient, but it will be over soon enough. My OB told me that if I never wanted to become diabetic again that I should eat like one. I'm certainly doing better with that advice now that I've found MFP. Oh, and congrats on your pregnancy!
  • Welcome!!! I wish you good luck! myfitnesspal is helping me to understand my diabetes more than helping to loose weight. It really works!!! If I can help you I am here to support you! Take care!