Just wanted to say BONJOUR!

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Amanda. I'm 24 and sick of being "fluffy!" Haha. I'm currently working in France teaching English to crazy adorable French elementary students. I return to the States in four months and want to come back with a bang! :) I found this site and love it. Anyways, I'm sure you'll be hearing from me more (lucky you!) ! :laugh:

Replies

• bigbadme
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Amanda. I'm 24 and sick of being "fluffy!" Haha. I'm currently working in France teaching English to crazy adorable French elementary students. I return to the States in four months and want to come back with a bang! :) I found this site and love it. Anyways, I'm sure you'll be hearing from me more (lucky you!) ! :laugh:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Bonjour right back at you, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • bigbadme
    Options
    Thank you so much! I'm so excited to get started and this website gave me that last kick of motivation that I needed!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Bonjour, Amanda-- now you'll have all of us former frustrated high schoolers dusting off our two years of mandatory foreign language-- comment allez vous? Il fait froid ici!

How'd I do? Welcome-- lots of fun here--
  • bigbadme
    Options
    C'est parfait!!!! :happy:
    Je suis contente et it fait froid ici, aussi!!

Thanks for the welcome!:bigsmile:
  • Marla64
    Options
    C'est parfait!!!! :happy:
    Je suis contente et it fait froid ici, aussi!!

Thanks for the welcome!:bigsmile:

Parfait, huh? Great-- what'd I say? What'd I say? Ha.
  • bigbadme
    Options
    Haha you said: "How are you" and "It is cold here"

You didn't even know what you said and you said it perfectly! You're amazing! :bigsmile:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Haha you said: "How are you" and "It is cold here"

You didn't even know what you said and you said it perfectly! You're amazing! :bigsmile:

LOL-- just teasing-- that much I did know-- I can also ask you where is my hat, where is the cheese, tell you to shut and open the door, window and your mouth. Beyond that-- freshman and sophomore year were a lonnnnnng time ago.

Au revoir, mon amie!

(did I get that right? )
  • bigbadme
    Options
    LOL...You could do well in France with the knowledge that you have! Hats, cheese and doors, that's all what the French are about! Hahaha!
  • Marla64
    Options
    mais oui-- and l'amour, don't forget-- did I spell that right? LOL

Ooohhh yeah-- and I forgot "pain"-- I can ask for bread til the cows come home?

Ou est le pain? Ou est la fromage? Voici le pain! Voila la fromage?

I could never get the le and la though-- just could never quite compute.
    I probably goofed above.