I need some help!

Hi everyone,
I am less than a week into MFP and I am having trouble avoid snacks after supper. Im used to watching TV a few hours after supper, but this always makes me crave unhealthy snacks... Am I the only one who has this problem? How do i control my cravings?
Any suggestions??

Replies

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Just plan for a healthy snack and have that instead.
  • smb0701
    smb0701 Posts: 234
    no ur not the only one, i too like to snack after dinner, but what u can probably do is chew gum after dinner or try brushing your teeth, u can also try eating a little snack after dinner but be moderate about it and then drink a bottle of water and then brush ur teeth. that will kill ur appetite for more snacks.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    If you know you'll be hungry and want to snack later in the evening - then make sure you set aside some calories for it. Choose something healthy, stay within those calories and enjoy your snack! You don't have to deprive yourself of the snacks or whatever - just make sure they fit into your daily calories.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    You could not watch TV, but I know how it is when you have some shows you need to watch. :)
    Get the really bad stuff out of the house. Substitute lower calorie options so they won't impact you as much.
    Get some hand weights and do some curls-it'll mimic the act of putting food in your mouth. :)
    Or do sit-ups or chair-dips while you are watching. Enough chair dips and you won't be -able- to lift your arms to snack!
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Fiber one an nature valley bars are great for snacking. I have the same issue but I choose healthy foods like granola bars or fruit. If you crave sweets, get yoplait light flavors. They are only 100 calories and they have flavors like Boston creme pie, key like pie, red velvet cake, etc. I love them because they satisfy my cravings without eating sweets.
  • blizzy1
    blizzy1 Posts: 52 Member
    Have healthy snacks ready! No one really needs junk food, just don't buy it, can't eat what isn't there. Junk food is full of BAD Fat, sugar, sodium and a host of chemicals to make it taste like food, perservatives, really healthy stuff to eat :ohwell: :grumble:
  • Pre-cups of apple sauce or fruit without sugar, plain popcorn or light, you know which is healthy for you!!

You are going to get over this:flowerforyou: , and once you start getting eating healthy meals, you will start feeling so much better:flowerforyou: . It won't be long and you will have the will power and the encentive to not eat the old way that you have before. You will find the answers that you are looking for to help you get on your way!!!:heart:

S.W. 234
    C.W. 227 (I was 220 one time on a Family Vacation(A real happy time, so long ago, now this is surreal)
    G.W. 125 (I got brave & changed my g.w. from 145 to 125, cuz my husband wants me to atleast be 130, well I remember being healthies & happiest at 125)
  • toniRAD
    toniRAD Posts: 196 Member
    After dinner, make sure you keep drinking a decent amount of water. It should make you more full. Lately if I still get hungry, I'll have something decent like low cal cheese and crackers or fruit.
  • That has been my problem also. I am trying to change my habits at night, instead of watching TV. I go in the other room and work on my knitting machine, or go read a book. Either activity limits my eating ability and since I don't associate food with them, I don't think about snacking. I guess I am hoping if I keep this up, eventually the cravings for the late night snacks will go away. Since it was a habit I got into, maybe I can get a habit of not eating late night snacks.