Kindness...

2»

Replies

• DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Sadly predictable responses.
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Beautiful BRETT!!! Thank you for posting! Kindness all the way!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    unfortunately like high school all over again!! what you said DOES make sense and is true, was true, and will always be true...like your pic says..."mean people suck!"

that bein said...I'll join the nice crew...seeing as I graduated from HS long ago :wink:
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    You've got my vote, Brett
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Well i'm nice... Say good things to people and don say anything otherwise..
    But a little humor didn't hurt anyone! *sigh*
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Sigh. I enjoy snarky humor as much as anyone, but yes, MFP could use a dose of kindness. Have lost some good friends on here because of it (hoping they return) but I can't blame them. This used to be a place for unlimited support and a whole lot of fun - now it's just a whole lot of fighting and mocking. The forums never interested me in the past cuz of the stoopid (sic) questions - now it's become a place of mocking and fighting. Regrettably, I called this one. Sorry.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    I am mostly kind. I forgive indefinitely, I always try to be friendly to everyone and try to include everyone.

However, if you push me too far I am evil.
  • 1southernchick
    1southernchick Posts: 301 Member
    yep!:wink:
  • You talking slack about me buddy!!

fist-pump-baby.jpg

Haha just kidding but I have an evil sense of humour, but by heart I'm a softy.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    I'm always nice.
    People start to be mean when a lifetime of being nice yields no good results.
  • Kindness changes lives. Lightens lives. Saves lives.

Mean is passing, ignorant and only calls out the weaker people. Mean people are weak. Mean people validate themselves by stepping on the hearts of people who are willing to be bold enough to be vulnerable.

Mean people suck.

Who are you gonna be?
    Please tell this to congress and the uber rich CEO's of Wall Street.

Yes if politicans were nicer to each other, they just might get something done.
  • My goal is to be an *kitten* Fireman. Best of both worlds.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Mean people suck.

Who are you gonna be?

Doesn't kindness also mean compassion and understanding? Mean people suck only if you allow them to effect your emotional state. Otherwise you seem them for what they are: just ordinary human beings with the same challenges, insecurities, hopes and dreams as "nice" people just manifested in different ways.

Seems to me that true kindness shows patience and has the ability to see people as indivduals for the totality of who they are not just a personality trait.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    I'm a total jerk.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    What? No smiley face abuse?
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Sadly predictable responses.

If you anticipated a response you wouldn't like why would you post?

I have found that oatmeal makes me a nicer person, for at least five minutes. Unless a person is asking me to do something for them while I'm eating my oatmeal, then all bets are off!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Mean people suck.

Who are you gonna be?

Doesn't kindness also mean compassion and understanding? Mean people suck only if you allow them to effect your emotional state. Otherwise you seem them for what they are: just ordinary human beings with the same challenges, insecurities, hopes and dreams as "nice" people just manifested in different ways.

Seems to me that true kindness shows patience and has the ability to see people as indivduals for the totality of who they are not just a personality trait.

Bravo! Exactly! And I believe I can be a total smartass and still be one of the kindest people youll know.
  • Mean people suck.

Who are you gonna be?

Bravo! Exactly! And I believe I can be a total smartass and still be one of the kindest people youll know.

What they said. Frankly, I find being judgmental to be terribly unkind, both to the judged and to the High Horse that has to carry one around.
  • oh no! someone called me a name on the interwebs!