Please help motivate me

Options
I need some encouraging words to start working out. i've had a bad week and am making it worse by being lazy. also, i'm feeling completely exhausted the last few days so i'm using any excusea available to not work out. :cry:

Replies

• SaraWojcik19
    SaraWojcik19 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I need some encouraging words to start working out. i've had a bad week and am making it worse by being lazy. also, i'm feeling completely exhausted the last few days so i'm using any excusea available to not work out. :cry:
  • Rpinson
    Options
    Alright Sara....don't let it get ya down...come on...Move it, move it, Move it.....

It's easy to give in to the bad things that get us down, but you got a bunch of people here on
    the forums to support ya....can't let the blues stop you from achieving those goals.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    You can do this! You will feel so good and so proud of yourself when you have finished working out. I see that you're from Florida- if you stick to it and stay on track, you WILL be in bikini shape by Memorial Day weekend and you will feel SO accomplished. So realize that excuses are not your friend, and get movin! The results will come and you will be so proud of yourself!
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    you are at the hardest part, I don't want to dring you down but people start out with high hope and every year they give up. I will tell about this women I have been training. she started out at 237 last year, She is now 148 and we still have a ways to go, a month into training she was done, did want to go on only lost 3 or 4 pounds, I asked her to please just stick with it for 3 months, it was the winter like know Just keep at not matter what at lest till the spring, she did. by then she was hooked she had lost like 50 pounds and quicky lossing more. you don't have to go in and lift the whole gym or run 1000000 miles in a week. 30 min everyday. Good luck
  • Rachel6901
    Rachel6901 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You need to turn some good, upbeat music on, where ever you are and that just might put you in a good enough mood to get going. Maybe you should start dancing to the music and make yourself laugh!!!:laugh:
    Besides, you need to get moving on your goals in our challenge. I am getting ready to go home from work and have told myself that I do NOT sit down when I get home, or else I will be done. I need to get out, walk, bike, and do my push-ups! I joined this to be with you in the challenge and I know you can and want to do this!!!!!
  • TNJJ2
    TNJJ2 Posts: 6
    Options
    OK girl...get up and go! You only have this one life, live it to the fullest!
    I have only used MFP for 2 days but I have been working out for a few months...I always feel better, have more energy and just overall happier after I get the blood to moving. You can do this...just think swim suit season.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    How about if you simply take it one small step at time? Keep track of your water drinking today...that will perk you up, give you energy and start you on a healthy path, then after you've incorporated that habit, pick up another healthy one, eat some fruits and veggies each day, or cut back or out fast food or pop.

See even one healthier pick can be ever so motivating and get your on your way. That's how many of us started...one change at a time!

:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

FC:heart:
  • SaraWojcik19
    Options
    rachel - i've beenthinking about my goals all day. i will do them.........i just want, well need, to get pumped up first. i will definitely try the music. i'm just so dang tired lately. its making me drag thru every day. having those goals is something i am looking forward to and i am going to work on them right away. i gotta find my cd's.
  • Rachel6901
    Options
    Sara - you know what you should find??? Some old school music!!! oooh, maybe some 80s and pretend you are in those god awful workout jumpers with big poofy hair and bright colors. That ought to make you smile :tongue:
  • SaraWojcik19
    Options
    yeah i love 80's music. I used to out dancing all the time before i got pregnant. i love to twwo step and line dance but i haven't gone in a year since i was preggo. I need to digout my songs and run run run my booty off.

i think i need to invest in an ipod. i bet music helps keep you pumped.
  • Rachel6901
    Options
    Music definitely works for me! So how old is your baby? Name? I have a 10 month old boy, Andrew.
  • Rachel6901
    Options
    Oh, and by the way... I just did my 30 min workout on the Wii and will bike later. I attempted the push-ups... not so good. I had been doing them "girl style" and when I did it the right way I really only got 5 good ones that I can count down and up.
  • SaraWojcik19
    Options
    I have a 10 year old daughter , Courtney, and a 9 week old son, Dillon.
    I tried the push ups and i'm terrible!!! i'm starting girly style just to build up some strength. i am just going to keep trying every day.

And FYI - I do 90 minutes of cardio training yesterday. thanks for helping to motivate me.
  • Rachel6901
    Options
    90 minutes of cardio????!!!! WOW! I will hopefully work up to that some day. That's great! I also struggled with the push-ups. I think after I try the real ones I should finish out doing the girlie ones to keep up the workout. Idid 30 minutes on the bike today with a higher resistance, only got about 7.2 miles in. But, I was laying down working on a nap when I decided to get off my *kitten* and work. Then I did 200 crunches with a variety. My arms hurt from more push ups yesterday and I also worked on my Wii Fit doing some of the workouts and hoola hooping, step aerobics, and the boxing exercise. It was a nice change of things. Keep up the good work and keep talking to me so I stay focused too!
  • SaraWojcik19
    Options
    wow that was one heck of a workout! i can't ride anywhere near 7 miles! i find that i struggle with working out when its kind of monotonous activity. i need the cardio blast and kickboxing type classes where i'm up and moving and doing different things. i am really bored with getting on the treadmill and elliptical. they really seem to wear me out in a short while whereas i can do classes and dvds for 2 hours............go figure
  • Rachel6901
    Options
    2 hour classes??? I like classes and can't wait 'til I can do them again, but 2 hours?? Good for you! I think you should be able to reach your goal this month no problem. I came home from work this afternoon, played with my son and when he laid down I did too, in front of the TV. But I somehow talked myself into getting on the bike and ended up riding 45 min for a total of 11.2 miles. That is my best time and miles yet! So, I guess I can get myself motivated, I just have to listen to the good voices in my head! :laugh: