Turbo Fire Hiit 15 calories burned=Disappointment !

Options
Ok I am super pissed. When you research turbo fire they talk about how HIIT training burns more calories blah blah blah. Well I decided to test it out today. I did the Hiit 15 and according to my heart rate monitor I burned 189 calories....ummm wtf. Now I weigh 230 lbs and that's all i burned well their information is misleading. Good bye turbo fire I can burn more than that on an elliptical without having to worry about concentrating on choreography.

Replies

• trini14
    trini14 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I could be wrong and any one can correct me, but with HIIT training the point is that you continue burning calories after your workout at a much higher rate. I know there's people here that love turbo fire, ask around.....I would not give up just yet :)
  • stayathomezookeepa
    Options
    Ya I totally hear you so I still have my heart rate monitor on and its been 20 mins since I finished my work out and I am at 200 calories burned. I am just disappointed because I read A LOT of reviews and the calories burned were extremely exaggerated! So I am just letting other know my experience :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    HIIT training doesn't burn high calories during the exercise. Here is where most people fail to see the concept. You burn the MAJORITY of your calories, working, sitting, leisure time, and resting than a full hour of cardio. That's why people's BMR's are in the 1000+ range. So if you can raise that BMR, then intern your raise your total calories burned daily. That's what HIIT does, it raises your resting metabolic rate and creates a higher BMR.
  • stayathomezookeepa
    Options
    wow I had no idea! Thank you for clarifying that for me. So this can actually be very beneficial for people with sedentary jobs?
  • jcannon15
    Options
    yes! i was bummed to at first, i wear a hrm and it gave me around 200 cal but after re reading the information about HIIT i realized it did more for me throughout my
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    wow I had no idea! Thank you for clarifying that for me. So this can actually be very beneficial for people with sedentary jobs?
    Absolutely. And since HIIT is usually a shorter workout, the better conditioned you become, the higher the intensity and the higher your BMR will go.
    In steady state cardio, the only way to burn more is to either increase the resistance or go a longer duration.
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    The best thing I found after doing HIIT15 was the amazing amount of energy I had for the rest of the day - I just felt so buzzed!
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    double post
  • Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Some of it is down to the duration of your workout, a longer workout would see you burning a ton of calories at that rate, you burnt 12.6 calories per minute, so if you'd worked out for 50 minutes at that pace you'd have burnt 630 calories. 12.6 calories per minute is very good!
  • milkam
    Options
    I've going into my 4th week of doing Turbo Fire. I wouldn't give up on it just yet. The Afterburn effect is one reason and secondly it makes me feel AMAZING when I start my day off doing it.

I haven't lost a bunch of weight on it yet, BUT i feel slimmer and I look slimmer. I can see a physical difference when I look in the mirror and the compliments I've received at work have been out the roof!

I also realized the HIIT workouts push my body to it's max and this intense training is what boost your metabolism and transforms your body. From what i understand, the HIIT workouts are at the level that athletes train

I really enjoy Turbo Fire and would recommend it to anyone trying to take their fitness level to another level and have fun while you do it.
  • classyhoney
    classyhoney Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    HIIT workouts are designed for the after burn instead of the initial calorie burn. Fire 30, 45, and 55 are for high calorie burns right after workout. That paired with HIIT you are destined to see results.
  • tmendoza1045
    Options
    I just wanted to let you all know that TurboFire really works. Apart from being a workout that makes me feel incredible physically, it gives me such a sense of accomplishment!!! But the real deal is that since starting TurboFire (and it's the majority of my workouts) I've taken off 75 pounds since January of 2011. I started TurboFire in mid March. It has helped tremendously. I didn't lose it overnight, but I think that's a pretty good track record. I wish every one the best of results with their TurboFire workouts!!!:happy:
  • matthew09
    Options
    The best thing I found after doing HIIT15 was the amazing amount of energy I had for the rest of the day - I just felt so buzzed!
    oh my gosh i agree i just did HIIT 15 for the first time today and realize i do have more energy all day
  • 2012x
    2012x Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Yes dont burn much but HIIT has so many benefits.

Best one for me, is my overall fitness improvement! AMAZING!

I lost 21.5" in 6 weeks, good enough for me!!
  • davitalynette
    davitalynette Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm pumped now after finishing my workout. Tons of energy....
  • fitnfancy80
    fitnfancy80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I love the HIIT. Short, sweet and to the point.
  • hungryPHATbunny
    hungryPHATbunny Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • hoyagirl03
    hoyagirl03 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Agree with all of the other folks--- don't worry too much about the calories burned, it's all about the afterburn affect. Also, when you get further into the program, you'll be doing the HIITs with toning. You'll start to see tons of results (and actually look forward to the HIITs after no-kidding 3 straight days of cardio!!!) :)
    Stick with it--- it's totally worth it!!!!! I LOVE TurboFire!!!!!
  • CarolM742
    CarolM742 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just finished Turbo Fire HIIT 15 and loved it. I have so much energy now.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    The afterburn from HIIT is called EPOC.
    It also very beneficial to do your HIIT session and follow it up with about 20 minutes of steady state cardio to burn more fat.