Calories for the week.

Options
So lets say, I'm over calories one day, but decided to work them out + the calories for the day itself the following day, instead of the actual day when I went over. would that still be okay? I know we should be subtracting 3500 for the week to lose, but does it matter if the amount of calories are not evenly spread out each day? Or would I still lose as long as there is a 3500 calorie deficit each week?

Replies

• AlyBelden
    Options
    I've wondered that, too, especially when I have a great workout and don't eat a lot, then have a rest day the next day, lol. Interested to see the answers...
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    That's what I usually do, and it works for me, also stops me doing the old "oh, sod it, I'm over on my calories may aswell have a chocolate bar" ... because every day contributes ... then I start afresh after my weigh in. I don't carry calories over into the next week.

Also helps me on my rest day, when I'm usually over on my calories due to not exercising.
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    i think it makes sense if you averaged them out over a week to me too
  • RRT_RCP
    RRT_RCP Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    ok, thanks. I was just wondering this since I went over ( by 400ish :embarassed: ) but I plan to hit the gym in the morning and work those out plus do my regular workout.