How often do you record your WI?

Options
Just wondering how often people weigh in and how often you record it on here? I know most plans suggest once a week some every 2 weeks, some people every day.

Thanks in advance :) x

Replies

• 3under2
    3under2 Posts: 133
    Options
    I normally record my weight once a week.
  • Spedden
    Spedden Posts: 207
    Options
    I only weigh in every two weeks so as not to get discouraged if the scale doesn't move after a single week. But I only record on MFP every 4 weeks. Good luck!:smile:
  • delightful
    Options
    I weigh in once a week, i don't usually let myself look more often then that as i can become obsessive.
  • hazieo
    hazieo Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh in once a month, but now I'm part of a September challenge and I WI every week.
    Good luck! :)
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I enter it once a week if I have a loss. I weigh every day to keep me focused though.
  • hajjcomb
    hajjcomb Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself between 4-7 times a week. I only record once a week typically. I won't record a fluctuation one way or the other unless it has stuck around for a few days.
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I weigh in everyday. Once a week might work for some people, but I find it helpful to see the little changes, so if they are in the wrong direction, I can address them right away. The only exception is when I travel-don't wan't to use an inconsistant scale. Best wishes :-)
  • columbus27
    columbus27 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    every few weeks at the same time of day
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week...otherwise I'll dry myself nuts weighing myself too often!:wink:
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week......same week day.........
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every week but as mentioned above it can get a little dishartening if the scales don't move one week
  • missjessica83
    Options
    Thanks guys i think once a week for recording on here...thats what i did just using ap :) should keep me motivated without obsessing! x
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I only record my weight if I see that it has changed (up or down) for several days in a row. It fluctuates so much, it's kind of pointless to record it every day. If I were an organized kind of guy, I'd maintain a rolling average...but I'm not.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    because i have a very weird schedule of 12 hour shifts that alternate between nights and days, i actually weigh in every day, but only record it once a week or so.
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    I weigh in every Sunday morning, and record whatever that number is (up or down). I have never gotten discouraged about what the number is. I know I'm eating healthy, exercising and doing my best. I can feel myself getting stronger and I can see my tummy shrinking and my arms/rib area becoming defined. So the number on the scale is just that, a number. What I see in the mirror is what encourages me daily to keep up this new me :)

Good luck!
  • Suzymo3
    Suzymo3 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week, Monday mornings. It kicks my week off and gets me motivated!!
  • jessie580
    Options
    weekly
  • kate8085
    Options
    I weigh in and record on MFP every day, but at the end of each week on Sunday, I calculate the average and record the weekly average. I feel like it helps me figure out where I am going wrong on some weeks, and what I am doing right on the others.
  • CherryTop
    CherryTop Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The first week I joined I weighed in the day I opened my profile , I did not weigh again for a whole week (I usually weigh every day) then when I weighed a week later I had only lost 1lb ... I have since gone back to weighing everyday ... if I have a loss I put it in if no loss I do not track. I find I need to hit the scale daily just to keep sane.
  • hajjcomb
    hajjcomb Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Sunday morning, and record whatever that number is (up or down). I have never gotten discouraged about what the number is. I know I'm eating healthy, exercising and doing my best. I can feel myself getting stronger and I can see my tummy shrinking and my arms/rib area becoming defined. So the number on the scale is just that, a number. What I see in the mirror is what encourages me daily to keep up this new me :)

Good luck!

Well said! That is a great sentiment and state of mind. The psychology of weight loss and health are so important, and this is a great example of the mind set that leads to success.