pull ups Columbus Ohio

Options
I weigh about 240. In Jan me and a group of friends started a pull up challenge to get to 20 pull-ups by Dec 31. I started out at about 2 now I am at 14. I hit a wall and need help.

Replies

• jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    dude if you weigh in at 240 and you are doing 14, you are solid. Drop another 10 lbs and you will get the other 6 no problem. did you try the 50pullups ad that shows up on here from time to time?
  • columbus27
    columbus27 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    dude if you weigh in at 240 and you are doing 14, you are solid. Drop another 10 lbs and you will get the other 6 no problem. did you try the 50pullups ad that shows up on here from time to time?
    Loosing the 10 is the hard part
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Hell I can't even do 5. LOL.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options
    14 at once, that's really not bad at all. Consider dropping to 5-8 rep sets with added weight for a week or so.
  • columbus27
    columbus27 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    14 at once, that's really not bad at all. Consider dropping to 5-8 rep sets with added weight for a week or so.

How many sets do you think
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options

How many sets do you think

Don't know! Maybe 3-5?

But as an example;
    I do 3x8 cheaters to warm up.
    5x5 with 30lbs, never been able to complete these but that's ok.
    Then 3 sets to failure. Usually I can only do 4-6 at a time. I only do this on Mondays, on Fridays I do 3x8.