Just another Newbie. :O)

Options
Hi everyone,
I just joined my fitness pal yesterday. I am very excited about this weight loss journey. I am ready to lose the weight........and KEEP IT OFF FOREVER! That last part is the one I have always had trouble with. I pray this is my once and for all answer.

Annette

Replies

• nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Welcome Annette (I love that name) - I'm with ya on that one - hence my screen name - ha ha!! Best of luck to you with the lifestyle changes, as that's really what it's all about. I'm finding that if I don't call it a diet, I will not have that temporary mindset this time.. hehe. I too am sick and tired of losing some then eventually gaining it all back! We can do this... together! This was like the best app & website that my husband and I have found :) Dani
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new too! let's be friends :D
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    Welcome Annette (I love that name) - I'm with ya on that one - hence my screen name - ha ha!! Best of luck to you with the lifestyle changes, as that's really what it's all about. I'm finding that if I don't call it a diet, I will not have that temporary mindset this time.. hehe. I too am sick and tired of losing some then eventually gaining it all back! We can do this... together! This was like the best app & website that my husband and I have found :) Dani

I agree with Dani. I now think of it as a lifestyle change. I had a lot of problems losing and keeping off the weight, mainly keeping it off like yourself when I thought of it as dieting. Good luck on your journey. Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • Elaineheikura
    Elaineheikura Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Annette!

This is a great site that I believe you will find very useful.
    Welcome to the MFP team!

Elaine :)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. You are going to love the food database and tracking. It is really differernt when it's in your face everyday.
    Be sure to log on everyday and if you can plan a day ahead. It helps to keep from going over. You can make changes where you need to before you eat the wrong thing. :flowerforyou:
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options

I agree with Dani. I now think of it as a lifestyle change. I had a lot of problems losing and keeping off the weight, mainly keeping it off like yourself when I thought of it as dieting. Good luck on your journey. Feel free to add me if you would like.

Awesome Greg... Good luck on your journey also!!
    Dani :)