Freezing Vegan Food

Options
So, since I'm a college student again starting Monday, I've been trying to make big batches of food and freeze it as individual portions.

So far I've made (all vegan):

split pea soup
vegan lasagna
vegan chili
large lima beans
lentil stew

Today I'm making baked beans, and I have some ideas about making vegan meatloaf, burgers, spanikopita, risotto, and maybe pot pies.

I'm wondering if anyone has any good suggestions for other vegan foods to freeze, preferably non-stew/non-soup types.

Replies

• kippit
    Options
    I don't but I would LOVE some of your recipes!!!
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I don't but I would LOVE some of your recipes!!!
    Ditto on the recipes..

I love my vegan tofu curry.. it is a great dish to freeze as well.. yum yum
  • Mad4282
    Mad4282 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Vegan pumpkin ravioli is good! Your recipes sound fantastic btw!
  • shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I don't have any ideas either, sorry, but I would love your recipes as well!!!!!
  • garangirl
    Options
    Well, I guess there's the old standbys - mac n cheez, a nice robust spaghetti sauce and pasta. I had a great meal of quinoa, kale and dried cranberries the other day - steamed em up together. Hmm - have to think about it.....

In any case, I think it's awesome that you are trying to get ahead of the game - great idea!
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    I don't really have recipes. I cook as I go along.

For vegan lasagna, I use extra firm tofu and process it with nutritional yeast, spinach, basil or homemade pesto, and sometimes a package of frozen cooked butternut squash. That's what I use in place of ricotta.
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm not a meal freezer but rice casseroles would probably be okay frozen. I like one with broccoli, chickpeas, and nutritional yeast sauce.

Maybe freeze tofu balls to go with pasta or baked eggplant