OT-To paint or not to paint

Options
amymeenieminymo
amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
I need your opinions and what you would do. We've been in our house for 2 years now and painted the kitchen, living room and our bedroom when we moved in. We didn't touch the two spare rooms because they will be kids rooms onoe day so we figured we'd paint then.

So we're currenty trying to get pregnant, so obviously we're not going to paint what will be the nursery uintil we actually get pregnant/find out the sex. The other spare room is my office, but once we have two kids will be the other kids room and my office will eventually move to the basement. So the move likely won't be for another 3 years or more....I'm itching to paint my office and make it look a little nicer, is it worth it if I'll only be in there for 3 years? It's a pretty small room, so it's not like it would take a real long time to paint it, can be done in a weekend or less.

Replies

• jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I say paint it. Paint is the cheapest and quickest way to change the feel of a space. Make it a place you feel productive in now while you are using it as an office.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Paint it! Its not expensive or terribly time consuming in a small room. Youre going to be in there for a while before you have the 2nd kid to put in there.
  • onefasternurse
    onefasternurse Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Definitely paint it :)
  • micklespiffy
    Options
    There is this feeling that goes with moving out when you repair and repaint for resale where you kick yourself and say "Why did I wait when I could have been enjoying this?"
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Sure, depending on how many coats required, you can bang it out in a weekend. I would love my own office, painted a pale pink with black and white furniture/accents. Alas, I have to share the office with my husband. And he's not so into pink for some reason...go figure.

And just b/c I'm like this...I've known people to find out the sex of their baby only to be surprised at delivery. The doctor was wrong about the gender. I'm sure it's rare, but just throwing it out there...
  • uniqute1888
    uniqute1888 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Paint it!... Its so refreshing to see a new coat of paint in 'your space'
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Paint and don't have kids.

:D

(not a kid fan)
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Painting burns a lot of calories!!!
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Paint. You can paint it a gender neutral color like a khaki green. That's what we did with our guest bedroom that became our younger son's room when he came along. I didn't change the wall color, just painted animals in primary colors as a border and got curtains, bedding etc. to match.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Absolutely worth it!! It'll cost you under $100 to paint it (assuming you have NO supplies) and it'll add a lot to it for the next three years. Throw in another $100 budget for simple, cute accessories and you'll have a $200 one-day make-over to the room!! Do it!!!!
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Paint it!
  • Whopooh
    Options
    Paint :smile:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, paint it is! The walls are currently what i like to call "dirt" color. I think it was a pale yellow at one time and has just aged and gotten dirty, blah. I have been working in there all this time since I am in grad school, but since my hope is to work from home someday, I'll definitely still be in there a lot and having it look nice and pretty will help me get more work done :)
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

Ok, I'll bite, how so?
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options

Ok, I'll bite, how so?

Are you serious? Have you ever painted a room? It's pretty strenuous. At least it is for me. I'm sure I burn plenty of calories when I paint a room. Hmm, as a matter of fact, I think I'll wear my HRM the next time I paint just to see how many calories I do burn.