Mommies: Stretch Marks

Options

Replies

• jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    I just want to be a hottie for the hubby :)

I know how you feel. I'm the same way. I found out I was pregnant with my first the day after my husband proposed, which was 5 months into our relationship. We didn't get much time together without kids and once we're done I'd love to be the smokin' hot chick he first met!

exactly!
  • jennajava
    Options
    sorry to tell you they will be with you forever there is no getting rid of them....
    i have loads from being super over weight all over(i do mean allover) but they no longer bother me i class them as my battle scars! xxx

great job on your weight loss!

thanks!
  • jennajava
    Options
    I still have them from 11 year-old child :-/ What I have noticed though is that losing weight does not make them less visible, but does make them smaller, so yay for that! I wear a bikini anyway. Oh well. I tried lotions and had a "little" bit of success with mederma, but they are still pretty visible. I plan for laser removal at some point, just can't justify the expense right now. Congrats on the weight you have lost so far and on your family!

thanks!
  • jennajava
    Options
    I just want to be a hottie for the hubby :)

you look great! I'm sure he thinks so too! Congratulations and continued good luck on your journey!

thanks!
  • crazyeaCHANGED
    Options
    My wife worries about this stuff all the time. I dont. I love her either way. I'm sure your husband does too, and appreciates you thinking of him.
  • mcottle292
    Options
    Strivectin actually does dramatically reduce the appearance of stretch marks. I tested it our before buying some (because it is super expensive). I only applied it to one side of my stomach. I didn't tell my husband I was doing it and seriously after only 4 days he noticed it and asked me about one half of my stomach looking different. But stretch marks are tears in the skin and nothing will get ride of them just the discoloration of them.

After saying all that....I must point out that there are a LOT of chemicals in this stuff...the person I am now is not the person I was then. I would not put that on my body today. NO WAY! I still have large dark stretchmarks, but I would much rather cover them up with a swimsuit than to let my body absorb what is in those creams. But that is just me...to each his own.

Good luck in whatever you try!
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks from being fat. I wish I could say they were battle scars from bring life into the world. I try to wear mine with pride. They're part of who I am and show where I've been. They've lightened up as I've lost the weight and I won't let them stop me from doing something. Imho, they're part of real beauty.
  • jennajava
    Options
    My wife worries about this stuff all the time. I dont. I love her either way. I'm sure your husband does too, and appreciates you thinking of him.

That is SO STINKING sweet!!! I'm sure he feels this way too, but I just want to do it because I love him.
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Like the others said, the lotions don't work and you will just end up wasting your money :) Mine don't bother me (they aren't too bad though) and my husband doesn't seem to mind them. It's probably a bigger deal for you than for your husband. I bet he doesn't even notice them :)
  • jennajava
    Options
    I have stretch marks from being fat. I wish I could say they were battle scars from bring life into the world. I try to wear mine with pride. They're part of who I am and show where I've been. They've lightened up as I've lost the weight and I won't let them stop me from doing something. Imho, they're part of real beauty.

You go girl!
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options

This. I got stretch marks on my stomach and I never even hit 200 pounds. I think it may be genetic.

Anyway, there's always tankinis and monokinis-- a lot of which are sexier than bikinis (at least that's what I think).
  • Cosmic_Unicorn
    Cosmic_Unicorn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am 22, no kids, and I spend a lot of time at the beach with other 22 year old girls who don't have kids... Everyone has stretch marks. From growing up or gaining weight, or whatever. They might not be as bad as someone who has had kids, but they're noticeable. And no one really cares. You should just wear a bikini and show all your hard work anyway!
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I'm not the only person on the planet with stretch marks. I have them from weight gain, weight loss, pregnancy and don't give a *kitten*, when I can wear that bikini hanging on my wall I'm going to do it anyways.
  • nadiaez
    nadiaez Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the previous posts...you look great! I had my baby in May and I too am getting there and the stretch marks are fading...but if they don't go will just use it as a reminder to what an amazing thing my body has just created!
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    really creepy that my banner changed to an ad for a stretch mark cream as soon as i posted this.

I use firefox, which has an add-on which blocks ads. I didn't know there were ads on this site.

The only thing I've heard of that sort of works is Mederma for scars. It doesn't make them go away but helps reduce their appearance after they've faded. Lots of water, not smoking or drinking alcohol, taking in plenty of omega-3 oils helps. Vitamin E helps, Evening Primrose Oil helps. Depending on your skin--I have a friend whose face really cleared and tightened up drinking juiced fruits/veggies every morning. I imagine that might be a good vitamin shot to give your skin the tools to rebuild faster?
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Vitamin E oil and Palmers solid cocoa butter helped mine lighten up .
  • mskristac
    mskristac Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i have a ton as well (think tiger claws down your stomach). i remember when i first got pregnant and looked up pictures of women with stretch marks from pregnancy and saw the extreme marks and thought "oh those poor women!!" Yeah, that ended up being me. I dont think they ever go away.. they're our battle wounds :) Embrace them. (easier said than done, right?)
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    After my daughter was born (17+ years ago) my dermatologist prescribed Retin-A. The redness faded, but I'm still striped. I agree with the other comments to view them as a badge of courage!

lol what r u a zebra?? :noway:
  • Shamrock40
    Options
    I agree that tightening up will make them smaller, and they do fade, but will not go away. I would spend a little time getting your tummy tan, because even if you can see them, they'll be tan. We used to say tan fat is prettier than white fat. So tan stretch marks will be prettier than white stretch marks. Lol.
  • leilani♥
    Options
    When the sun is blaring on your nice tight body people won't be able to see your stretch marks unless they put their face next to them. I have them on my thighs really bad and its very light on my belly. I never used any creams and they faded on their own...