HELP... Injury..need alternative workouts

Options
F!!!!!!!!!!!!! So today, I put my workout in on here then went to g do it. I got 20 minutes in and snap! My calf muscle snapped. I practically fell to the ground and can hardly walk on it. I am not allowed to do workout on it for 4 to 6 weeks! looks like pilates and wii (boxing and stuff) are going to become my best friends for a while. GRRRRRRRRRR. This blows. Any suggestions?

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Like, snapped completely off!? That's awful! I would definitely put it in a jar and show it to people at parties.

I'd be all like,"Hey! Who wants to see my leg parts?" That would be so cool.
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Oh no! That sucks! I'm guessing spinning or biking is out of the question??? :(
  • SarahE12345
    Options
    HAHA not completely off.... that would be a great conversation started though!

yeah, i am tinking spinning and biking might not be that good for my leg. I have a stationary bike. I might be able to use it very lightly going very slow but it def wont burn a lot of calories

BUMMMRRRRRRRRR
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    So sorry about your injury. Get a resistance band - you can still do so much with your arms and one good leg!
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    Oh my gosh... I cannot imagine how painful that was.

Would your doc clear you for swimming? Completely non impact.

Otherwise the gym as an arm bike... where you pump with your arms...
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    When the bottom half is broke, work the top half! You can still lift weights with your arms, biceps,triceps,chest, forearms.How about push-ups? If you can stand they you can also do pull-ups and other back exercises. Also throw in some core work!

Good luck and I wish you a full and speedy recovery. I know all to well, how difficult it is to work around injuries.:smile:
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    If you have a swimming pool available, and some water weights, going to the shallow end would allow you to keep weight off that muscle but still do some resistance work.
  • Wingmistress
    Options
    Arm lifts...

Pick up one really good beer, and keep flexing your biceps LOL! (j/k...it's Friday, had to post something funny)