So, Who do YOU know?

Options
I got a call today . . . . .

A friend (ex-sister in law) was sent home from the hospital to be on hospice. She is a vibrant, caring 39 year old woman (mother to an 8 year old girl, wife, friend, boss, co-worker - all the aspects a woman can be) who was diagnosed on August 16, 2011 with colon cancer. Her only symptom - she was tired.

She has an amazing attitude and these are her words about it to her husband "Jarrod, I don't even feel bad for myself. This is my journey and I am OK with it all. God has me by the hand."

So, my question to you, is who do you know that is struggling with something - anything - that could use a kind word or positive thought from you? It might even be as simple as looking yourself in the mirror and finally believing that you are on your journey and you can be OK with it.

Just something to think about as we go through our daily lives.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Replies

• MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I really like this..not that your friend has cancer, that blows! But the positive message I got from it. Thank you!
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing that. It's a great reminder to enjoy each day, live life to the fullest, and not be too hard on ourselves. I'm sorry for you and your friend :(
  • lorika1977
    lorika1977 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My heart goes out to your friend - amazing attitude! If she is looking to fight this horrible disease via alternative treatment, check out http://www.muchhealthier.com. Our family just dealt with cancer and it is draining .....
    Recovery is possible with faith and determination!
    Praying for you!