Pooping

Options
Is it normal to poop less when starting a low-carb diet?
I've pooped like once in the last week....!!!

Replies

• hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    sounds like you may need to make some changes there. are you drinking enough water?
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I've heard some people have that problem. I lean toward the opposite problem so I'm not much help...
    Maybe Google?
  • latepaul
    latepaul Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Can't speak for low-carb specifically but when I'm dieting I go about once every 2-3 days versus every day when I'm not.
  • levigal
    Options
    I'm no expert on bowl movements however, it is my opinion that if ur eating more fiber and less carbs u should be going more often. I know since I've started eatin all this fiber I'm regular like clock work.lol Hope u figure it out.
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Heard of it....try increasing your fiber intake....this may help...
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I took a look at your diary and you definitely need more fiber.

Up your fruits and veggies if you're staying away from whole grains for whatever reason. IMO, the super low carb diets are crap.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough fiber and drinking enough water? You should be aiming for at least 20grams of fiber/day, even though your diary shows you goal lower, don't go lower than that. And with more fiber you need more water.
  • scott1024
    scott1024 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Serious with the fiber! I try to always go over on fiber, and it means at least twice in the bathroom a day. Of course, I'm also about ready to pass wicker furniture!
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Up your fruits and veggies if you're staying away from whole grains for whatever reason. IMO, the super low carb diets are crap.

I agree with everything you said! They are crap. I gain 5 lbs on a low carb diet.
  • Valechka
    Options
    Not really good thing, maybe up a fiber? healthy person should do it once a day at least
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Haha lol, i saw the title and was like i HAVE to read this post!!
    Honestly.. havent got a clue!
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I'm with everyone else, water and fiber. Less carbs should yield more fruits and veggies, which means lots and lot of fiber. Once/twice a week is not good for your system. You need that $h!t out of your system... :wink:
  • Peque1130deleted
    Options
    Not really good thing, maybe up a fiber? healthy person should do it once a day at least

Im in the same boat :ohwell:
    I have been eating a more fiber, meeting my MFP goal for it, even going over and drinking 12+ cups of water a day...yet, I dont go every day...
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    hmmm probably not normal. but none of us are doctors and something about pooping should be taken seriously and you should check it out. Take your food diary to a doctor. (and don't google you'll go stir crazy with everyone's diagnosis advice).
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I agree with everything you said! They are crap. I gain 5 lbs on a low carb diet.
    That just means it's not the right diet for your body. It's not for everyone. I know.
  • miam4nia
    miam4nia Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I drink A LOT of water everyday, so it must be the lack of fiber in my diet...
    I wish there were more fiber foods with low carbs :( even the veggies that have more fiber have more carbs!
  • wiglet23
    wiglet23 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Serious with the fiber! I try to always go over on fiber, and it means at least twice in the bathroom a day. Of course, I'm also about ready to pass wicker furniture!

Ouch!

Yah! Up that fiber!!! Water (lemon juice in the water helps things along a bit too)... if that's not enuf.. Benefiber is great becuz it's tasteless and you can add to any drink... milk, water, juice (altho, I stay away from juice cuz of the sugar).. I've added it on top of my cereal too.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Might be a fiber issue. I recommend Fiber Choice - Plus Calcium + D.
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    The more veggies I eat, the more I poop. Sometimes, when I get up to 4 times in one day, I have to back off a bit on the veggies.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I eat very low carb too. You really need to get in your veggies, because you will fnid your fiber there. Green leafy veggies will help. Also, make sure you are drinking plenty of water.