One year of MFP!

Options
BobbyDaniel
BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
I found and joined MFP on this day last year thanks to a great friend who was using the tools here maintain after her WLS.
For me, I had set a personal goal in March 2010 to lose 40 pounds by my 40th birthday (March 2011) but hit a huge wall after losing only 10 pounds, the scale didn't budge for nearly 3 months prior to joining MFP. On my 39th birthday I was weighing 220 pounds, only 10 pounds less than all time my high...I joined MFP at 210 pounds hoping to lose the next 30. Between the tools and encouragement here, along with starting the C25K program I began seeing big things happen and the scale started to move again!

I wound up hitting my 40 pound goal about 6 weeks early and before it was over I dropped another 25 much needed pounds. As of yesterday I am weighing 155.2 pounds, down 75 from my all time high and I'm not so sure it would have been possible without MFP! The food diary and data base are my left arm now and the friends/encouragement that I have found on here have kept me going when I felt like quitting. I have also had the opportunity to share what I have learned with others and hopefully help them make a difference in their lives. What is better than that?!?!

I'm also doing things I never imagined doing...like running! I am no longer planning on running a 1/2 marathon, I WILL RUN A 1/2 MARATHON before year's end! I still think this is crazy since I felt like I was going to die running for 60 seconds last year when I began the C25K program! I'm also eating a well rounded diet for the first time ever and enjoying foods that I once thought I would never even try...and loving them! What an incredible change has taken place!

Thanks MFP and to everyone who has been with me on this great journey! Pics may follow later!

Replies

• NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You have done SO well! I am really proud of you my friend! You support me and encourage me everyday and I hope I have helped you in return!

You are going to murder that Half marathon!!!! Well done Rev...well DONE!
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME! Way to go!!!!!
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    That's so inspiring.

You have done an amazing job!

Keep up the good work.
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    what an inspiring post!!!!! you have done an amazing job!!! congrats & happy 365th :smile:
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Thanks for sharing! :)
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!