Fighting lack of motivation during that time of the month

Options
Hey girls,
How do you fight your lack of motivation to do your exercise routines, and make sure that eat enough calories during our least favorite time of the month?
Thanks everyone!
-Sarah

Replies

• garangirl
    Options
    No great answers, just wanted to say this is such an interesting topic to me, and really pertinent this week, lol! I'm definitely struggling a bit.
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    On my very worst days I don't fight it. Then the days afterward I compensate!
  • Dee_4
    Options
    Hey ladies,

I think that time of the month requires more mental strength than actual physical. So, if you conquer your mind and convince yourself to get up and work out, the actual work out will be easier. I also find that working out soothes my cramps and gives me energy that helps me forget it's that time of the month. It might have something to do with working out helping reduce hormones, but that I'm not certain of.

Best of luck!
  • Ashley121205
    Ashley121205 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    On the days that I really have stomach cramps and have just about no motivation I do my Leslie Sansone Walk Away The Pounds. Then the others I do Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I decided though now that I'm getting healthier I'm not giving myself the excuse to lounge around and eat awful. I just allow myself certain things :)
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I try to push out harder workouts that week...you can't let it control your life (its not worthy!!)
  • pandsmomCheryl
    pandsmomCheryl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not I think Midol takes the edge off. There's a diueretic for bloating, and pain killer for cramps, etc. Give it a shot? Can't have the world stop - even though we sort of want to - because every 28 days - BANG - there it is again. I want to be a man in my next life....