My Scale Does NOT agree with MFP

When I close out a day, MFP tells me that I will weigh x in 5 weeks.... 5 weeks later, why does my scale not agree? I think they have a communication problem!

Replies

• my scale disagrees with MFP too. I should be down to 135 by now, but guess what.....Still at 147(ish) heheh..

I think they need to get over their little squabble and start getting along.... LOL!!

In all seriousness though, it's just an estimate. Because every body is different and burns cals/fat at different rates, the weighing X amount in 5 weeks might not be a true reflection. :D
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I've seen posts like this before. I'm always amazed that so many people have it say the same thing each day. I can never tell if it's correct or not because it tells me something different every day.
  • Lakerlady5747
    Lakerlady5747 Posts: 77 Member
    If you read carefully, it states that "If every day were like today, you would weigh _____ in 5 weeks." That means that EVERYTHING needs to be the same EVERY DAY for FIVE weeks in order for that statement to be accurate. I think it is impossible to make every day the absolute same in terms of food and exercise.

Instead of taking the statement literally, I try to use that statement to see if I am on track or not. If the statement says I would weigh more, then I ate too much/didn't eat the right things and should do better tomorrow. If the statement says I would weigh less, then I am probably on the right track.
  • SailingMike
    SailingMike Posts: 237 Member
    If you read carefully, it states that "If every day were like today, you would weigh _____ in 5 weeks." That means that EVERYTHING needs to be the same EVERY DAY for FIVE weeks in order for that statement to be accurate. I think it is impossible to make every day the absolute same in terms of food and exercise.

Instead of taking the statement literally, I try to use that statement to see if I am on track or not. If the statement says I would weigh more, then I ate too much/didn't eat the right things and should do better tomorrow. If the statement says I would weigh less, then I am probably on the right track.

Ummmm I was JOKING... lol

Keep smiling folks!!!
  • KareyMarie
    KareyMarie Posts: 26 Member
    I've always thought there needed to be a universal *sarcastic* font... ;)
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member

Ummmm I was JOKING... lol

LOLlolol

Keep smiling folks!!!